MA 10 9/15/12 First Coho ever

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by daveypetey, Sep 15, 2012.

1. daveypetey

daveypetey Active Member

[​IMG]

Crappy pic as I dropped my iPhone, so I only have the front camera. I got onto the water at about 615, picked up one 14in SRC immediately. Noticed a big sea lion about 100 feet south from me so I figured he must know where the big fish are. Then about 45 minutes later got into this little hatchery fish on a very sparsely tied Clouser. Pretty close to the beach and saw another Coho with him but he was gone by the time I pulled my first salmon ever up onto the beach settled down and started casting again.

Anyhow thanks everyone who gave me pointers and sent me where the fish are. Can't wait to get this little guy on the BBQ tonight. Only question is where should I buy a fillet knife? :D

2. flyfishsail

flyfishsail New Member

Pretty sweet feeling getting that first one up on the beach! My first was last Wed, second was yesterday... Good stuff...

3. flyfishsail

flyfishsail New Member

Nice fish by the way!

4. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

You're the one that's HOOKED! Congrats and more on the way I'm hoping. Oh, first one's sushi right?

5. ten80

ten80 Active Member

There appear to be A LOT of fish south of Edmonds right now.

I went 1/1 this morning off a MA10 beach and saw tons of jumpers. White and chartreuse shock and awe with stinger hook was the ticket. Tried and mostly failed at casting 10wt outbound with the spey rod just for giggles (tip too soft for a good loop) and managed to hook a fish only to have my reel fall off, then somehow Tenkara'ed in a feisty hen.

dcm and Nick Clayton like this.
  6. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

I keep reading great MA 10 reports. I really need to get out and explore some 10 beaches.

7. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Nice fish. The first of many more im sure. Get out as much as you can and enjoy the fishing becasue this is a banner year for coho in Washington. Fishing is usually not this good, especially in puget sound during the last ten years.

8. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Congratulations on your first silver. Keep fishing, there are many more. It will all be over in about a month so enjoy it now.

9. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Nicely done. I'm still looking for mine, and am hoping it'll happen soon.

10. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Nick, great fishing right by your house (2 for 2 for me two days in a row) ;) OP, nice job on your first silver! Mine was earlier this year and it sure is exciting hooking that first fish!