MA 10 - 9/9

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Stonefish, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Went 2 for 3 this morning in MA 10.
    Fished from 5:15 till around 7:45. Lost one at the beach on a small chartreuse over pale pink clouser.
    Got the other two on a solid white bucktail with lots of flash, black krystal flash back and a # 1 stinger.

Met board member vanvgj1 on the beach this morning. Nice to meet you Greg and congrats on your pair of beach coho.

Tackle 048.jpg PS Salt 153.jpg PS Salt 155.jpg .

2. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Nice work Brian. That's an interesting fly, I've never tried a solid white pattern before.

3. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Sweet! Love the shadow pic.

Took a day off the salt to fish Pass today. Be back this evenings after work

4. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

After reading SF and DB's reports I wish
    I was out instead of stacking firewood
    and pulling lines on the sailboat. Nice
    fish. Fell free to come down to soth sound
    and add to the freezer. Free drinks and
    great SRC fishing out front.

Dk Go fishy

5. Puget Sound Pimp

Puget Sound Pimp Banned or Parked

Nice coho caught on a very interesting fly. Might have to tie up something like that a try it out.

6. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

Glad to know you had a great morning and bitch slapped some ho's. Better yet you didn't catch them on clousers since any a dignified angler would never use a jig...:)

7. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Nice work.

I had a dream that I was fishing for coho with my brother--he caught one and I cleaned it. Neither of those things has happened in real life.

I hit up Carkeek yesterday from about 10 am to 1 pm. Mainly I wanted to see if there would be any action as the tide was coming in. Didn't see a single fish, unfortunately. It might have picked up around the high tide time, but I had to leave. Also was fairly windy--just enough to be annoying.

Oh well, I'll be back out to Lincoln Park nice and early this week a few times.

Jason

8. daveypetey

daveypetey Active Member

Great fish! Intermediate sinking line?

9. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Davey,
    Airflo 40+ fast intermediate.

Jason,
    I've lived above Carkeek for nearly 30 years, but rarely fish it. Not a bad place for SRC's, but there are much better places to fish for salmon if you are willing to get up early and travel which might include a ferry ride.
    SF

10. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Nice fish Brian! I need to try tying some of those bucktails.

11. vanvgj1

vanvgj1 Yak fisher

It was nice to mee you too Brian and way to go with the pair of hens on the unusual fly... simple but flashy.
    A little more to the story though - when Brian hooked his last fish we were stripping side-by-side and I see him set the hook. At the same time I get a medium hit and did a half-hearted set, being distracted by his rod bending down. Next thing I know my line is making a beeline to his fish that is by now thrashing on the surface. Crap! That fish must have somehow hooked my line and now it'll be a tangled mess. At the last minute my line veered away from his. What? I've actually got a fish on too. A twin to his 6lb hen. We both landed them seconds apart. That's the first double I've ever had on the beach!
    And, sorry, mine was on a clouser style fly - pink this time just for a change since I've been using the standard issue chartreuse. I have the Board to thank for the info to move the stinger back some more and upsize it to a #1. That resulted in a two for two day for me, instead of the 0 for 2 I had last. So, thanks for the help. I'm thinking since this was a simultaneous hookup in the same water... the fly isn't that critical. Or, maybe somehow these two flies look similar to Coho.
    Great day for me... practiced casting in the dark, got a limit and had good conversation with Brian.
    Here's the pics. About a 6# and 3+# hatchery hen. PinkClouser_090912.jpg 2Coho_FlyRod_090912_edited-1.jpg

12. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Greg- any luck getting fish from the kayak?

Anyone want to share the cost of a ferry to the Kitsap Peninsula tuesday, wednesday, or thursday for a morning of fishing? I work next to the terminal and have garage parking, makes meeting up simple. First ferry is preferred.

13. holtad

holtad Active Member

Seattle side got quite a rain shower this morning. What is the word on how that will affect the beaches over the coming days?

Also, this is my first post on wff and I gotta say I love getting on here every day to read the fishing updates. One of these days I hope to post my own SRC/Coho stories...

14. vanvgj1

vanvgj1 Yak fisher

I was getting takes but no solid hookups lately from the kayak. I just needed to get out and wade for a change. I'll be taking it out again from Possesion Point next Friday as soon as I can get there on the 1st ferry. Plan on paddling south to the point area on the ebb. Should be a productive day in the boat given that there seems to be plenty of Coho inside the Sound now. Anyone who wants to bring a boat is welcome to join me.

15. Brandon S

Brandon S Member

Awesome report, glad to hear you guys nailed em. I was out the previous morning with nothing to show. However, I did have a "submarine" of a fish wake up behind my slider, never took but I think my heart stopped for a couple seconds.