MA 10 - Pink Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Metalonthefly, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

We're talkin' fish, right? ;)

2. Fishee

Fishee Active Member

I've only caught 3 sockeyes from the salt. All 3 fish was caught on bobber and herring off the pier in Seacrest and Edmonds. But that was many moons and yes...them sockeye was delicious.

I love how big shoulder pinks fight, but for table value. I'll take a silver over a pink. But the last time i taste pink salmon in 2011, it wasn't too bad all. especially when they are bright shiny fish in the salt. And Smoking any kind of Salmon is a win.

3. John Weston

John Weston Member

golfman, did ya fish? thanks for the report. will be at BP early in the morn.

Outlaw

4. golfman44

golfman44 5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

I did fish but no success. After 6am the crowds showed and I became more concerned with hitting someone with my line than I did with fishing. Steve said hey to me and told me I should have moved down the beach once the crowds arrive. I'll definitely do that next time. I did see about a dozen or so caught between 5am-9

5. John Weston

John Weston Member

why should you move? I stay in my spot and the crowd can move if they don like my flyfishing. I get real tired when the gearheads try to take over, they can all move. on the rivers and the gearheads are there then I will find another spot so they can do the same. just my feelings about it. tight lines all.
    Outlaw

6. golfman44

golfman44 5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

I think it's just a matter of everyone getting along. Nobody was rude to me, I was talking with the guys next to me the whole time. I was just being extra careful I guess. No harm no foul. I still got to fish all morning.

7. John Weston

John Weston Member

that's great. I know no one said anything to me either, all the gear heads were ok with it. my buddy was fly fishing to and so was 4 others that were down farther but fishing with gear guys. we all got along. I too am very careful on how I throw. heck, we tangle lines more times gear fishing then when I was fly fishing. yes I did both. didn't tangle lines with the fly. all in all was a great day. tight lines.
    Outlaw