Maidon voyage for my new Echo Ion 10ft 8wt

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jim Mcallister, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Jim Mcallister

Jim Mcallister AKA stillwater guy

Going to hoods port tomorrow to horass more chums.Just bought it today.probably wont get much sleep .Ive been wanting this rod for sooooooooo long. First few casts in the yard proved its power and distance ability.But any thing would be an improvement over the geto piece o crap I have been using since Ibroke my Fetha styx2 years ago.Iwill post results

2. BruceAC

BruceAC Member

My guess is, you will have a really good day
    I recently purchased, ION 7#/10'....am a big fan of all things RAJEFF
    BTW
    was there a solution/warranty for your broken FethaStyx2 ?

3. Jim Mcallister

Great day at hoods port put 8 on the beach kept 1 .This will be the last time for hoodsport ,only a few fresh fish left today.My son and Iwere the only people fishing from 10:30 till2:00,and the water was mirror calm all day.This day was a gift.Just me and my son ,calm water,stupid fish and the best casting rod I,ve ever had,tthree false casts , a double haul and 8o feet no problem.As for the featha styx Inever tried to return it .I ended up using sections to put together another rod I,am bad.

4. Jim Mcallister

Roger thanks for the pm,inpast years I,ve had some good days in front of that little hatchery at potlatch but a few years ago they closed that hatchery and I have not seen fish there for 2 years .Also the injins closed the beach on the north side and south so the only way to fish it would be by boat.My son and I have been fishing HP for 8 years this season,and have had good times there crowded or not .Also have done some good crabing ther when I had a boat.