March 1 opener

Weather forecast shows night time temps as 32-34 deg. I would think with the day time temps in the high 40's low 50's it should stay ice free. I'm getting pumped for the opener. I might even have to fish a bobber for a little while.:D

OK, since I plan on spending more than 5 minutes over in the "darkside" and heard some of those chironomid guys dabble with a San Juan Worm. I figured I better tie some up in addition to my other nymphs, leeches and streamers.
Bionic worms are pretty much a diet staple over in these parts. Just sayin......

jimmydub

OK, since I plan on spending more than 5 minutes over in the "darkside" and heard some of those chironomid guys dabble with a San Juan Worm. I figured I better tie some up in addition to my other nymphs, leeches and streamers.
You mean you don't dropshot your San Juan Worms? ;)

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
So it might be a bit early for mayfly emergers...? :rolleyes:
Only if it's an emerging chironomid.

I think I'm going to do some driving around this weekend to cement my fishing plans for next Friday. I do have a viable backup plan if the Quincy lakes aren't ice free yet. Moses is ice free in the shallower eastern arm but as of Wednesday still had lots of ice in the west arm. West arm is deeper.

IveofIone

Hard to believe the opener is just a week away. It has snowed here for two days now and we are just getting past the 4'' level of fresh stuff. I think this is the year I start to look for someplace to live in the banana belt......

Ive