NFR Matt Lauer firing and My feelings on the MeToo campaign

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jojo, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limnos

Limnos Member

If Lauer and other corporate hacks accused of sexual harassment were innocent, they’d sue their former employers on defamation. Why aren’t they doing it? My guess is that don’t want to get trolled through the mud of their past. They’re afraid. I don’t feel bad for these guys.

I’m amazed elected government officials are treated differently by the law than the rest of us.

Salmo_g, jwg and Greg Armstrong like this.
  2. Jamie Dow

Jamie Dow New Member

Because their employees have no assets. Hundreds of thousands in legal fees with no chance of recovery.

3. ribka

ribka Active Member

your supposed outrage appears to limited to your political leanings- not surprised ; these outrage threads typically end in this manner

maybe keep it real instead of pandering to the typical group think on here otherwise it is just another tired thread

4. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

i don't get what you are saying here.

5. jersey

jersey livin' the dream

They didn't plead innocent because they are not. They knew it o. Although I am not a big fan of guilt-by-accusation, none of them in recent weeks plead innocent and threatened to fight it.

Secondly, elected officials write (influence) the laws and the needed loopholes on how to get away with breaking them. Why else would one want to be in a position of power without exercising it?

6. jwg

jwg Active Member

The women on this forum have shared their personal thoughts and experiences.
    Perhaps I can share a thought from what I have heard and read, throughout this movement.

What I have learned is just how belittling it feels to a woman when the response to her in a work or professional situation goes off track to flirting, inappropriate or coercive behavior, or worse.

Its more than just disrespect or objectification. Its incredibly hurtful and belittling.

I have always said to treat one another with dignity and respect, and I am not one to flirt. But I did not have the appreciation of the hurtfulness and belittlement that I do now from hearing and reading womens stories.

At the same time, friendliness and inclusion should go right along with dignity and respect.

j

7. napawino

napawino Banned or Parked

Snohomish County, sometimes Missoula County
    That is because it is gibberish.

8. Trapper

Trapper Author, Writer, Photographer

Home Page:
    I’ve sat on this thought for a week now.

To the WFF men:

Have you ever heard another guy say something like, “I met this woman in a bar last night. We ended up at her apartment. She liked it rough.”

Given the current revelations from women, do you wonder if these guys saying stuff like this were simply trying to justify their crimes or misbehavior?

I do.

Trapper

Gary Knowels and Freestone like this.
  9. b_illymac

b_illymac Member Active

With the Warren Moon thing I dont get it. So he sends an email before trip stating she needs to wear a thong and do as told and she still goes on trip? No excuse for his behaviors he sounds like a dirtbag overall but why go on trip?

10. b_illymac

b_illymac Member Active

Not necessarily. Its entirely possible its completly consensual.

11. napawino

napawino Banned or Parked

Snohomish County, sometimes Missoula County
    Maybe its the thing where she was afraid of losing her job if she didn't go. Warren has a history of not respecting women. Some things that came to light, and lots of just plain rumors. I hope the facts come out. But he's done as a broadcaster. The court of public opinion is very strong.

12. Trapper

Home Page:
    I’ve had a couple women make the rough request to me. I told them that wasn’t my style.

I concede some women are bent that way, but in my life they are very, very rare.

Maybe I just lived through the Hippy, free love era where getting high on Thai sticks and peaceful sex was the norm.

13. creekx

creekx spent spinner

Actually, I always figured the braggarts were the guys not getting any.

14. quilbilly

quilbilly Big Time Hater

Guys that spend all their time bragging about sex and preaching religion typically don't 'get' either......

triploidjunkie likes this.
  15. Trapper

Home Page:
    The only person I remember preaching about religion and getting sex was Brian Hood who I used to play racquetball with. That got him and Jennifer Reali a lot of prison time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.