NFR Matt Lauer firing and My feelings on the MeToo campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lauer and other corporate hacks accused of sexual harassment were innocent, they’d sue their former employers on defamation. Why aren’t they doing it? My guess is that don’t want to get trolled through the mud of their past. They’re afraid. I don’t feel bad for these guys.

I’m amazed elected government officials are treated differently by the law than the rest of us.

If Lauer and other corporate hacks accused of sexual harassment were innocent, they’d sue their former employers on defamation. Why aren’t they doing it? My guess is that don’t want to get trolled through the mud of their past. They’re afraid. I don’t feel bad for these guys.

I’m amazed elected government officials are treated differently by the law than the rest of us.
Because their employees have no assets. Hundreds of thousands in legal fees with no chance of recovery.

ribka

your supposed outrage appears to limited to your political leanings- not surprised ; these outrage threads typically end in this manner

maybe keep it real instead of pandering to the typical group think on here otherwise it is just another tired thread

Ok, i had to come back. Not trying to bump my thread but the hits just keep coming. When will it stop?

If Al Franken resigns.
Then Donald T*#mp should resign too.
Simple as that.

This is making me crazy! And fuck any of them who vote for Roy Moore while Al Franken resigns.

Jojo

your supposed outrage appears to limited to your political leanings- not surprised ; these outrage threads typically end in this manner

maybe keep it real instead of pandering to the typical group think on here otherwise it is just another tired thread
i don't get what you are saying here.

jersey

livin' the dream

They didn't plead innocent because they are not. They knew it o. Although I am not a big fan of guilt-by-accusation, none of them in recent weeks plead innocent and threatened to fight it.

Secondly, elected officials write (influence) the laws and the needed loopholes on how to get away with breaking them. Why else would one want to be in a position of power without exercising it?

jwg

The women on this forum have shared their personal thoughts and experiences.
Perhaps I can share a thought from what I have heard and read, throughout this movement.

What I have learned is just how belittling it feels to a woman when the response to her in a work or professional situation goes off track to flirting, inappropriate or coercive behavior, or worse.

Its more than just disrespect or objectification. Its incredibly hurtful and belittling.

I have always said to treat one another with dignity and respect, and I am not one to flirt. But I did not have the appreciation of the hurtfulness and belittlement that I do now from hearing and reading womens stories.

At the same time, friendliness and inclusion should go right along with dignity and respect.

j

Trapper

Author, Writer, Photographer
I’ve sat on this thought for a week now.

To the WFF men:

Have you ever heard another guy say something like, “I met this woman in a bar last night. We ended up at her apartment. She liked it rough.”

Given the current revelations from women, do you wonder if these guys saying stuff like this were simply trying to justify their crimes or misbehavior?

I do.

Trapper

b_illymac

Member Active
With the Warren Moon thing I dont get it. So he sends an email before trip stating she needs to wear a thong and do as told and she still goes on trip? No excuse for his behaviors he sounds like a dirtbag overall but why go on trip?

b_illymac

Member Active

To the WFF men:

Have you ever heard another guy say something like, “I met this woman in a bar last night. We ended up at her apartment. She liked it rough.”

Given the current revelations from women, do you wonder if these guys saying stuff like this were simply trying to justify their crimes or misbehavior?

I do.

Trapper
Not necessarily. Its entirely possible its completly consensual.

With the Warren Moon thing I dont get it. So he sends an email before trip stating she needs to wear a thong and do as told and she still goes on trip? No excuse for his behaviors he sounds like a dirtbag overall but why go on trip?
Maybe its the thing where she was afraid of losing her job if she didn't go. Warren has a history of not respecting women. Some things that came to light, and lots of just plain rumors. I hope the facts come out. But he's done as a broadcaster. The court of public opinion is very strong.

Trapper

Not necessarily. Its entirely possible its completly consensual.
I’ve had a couple women make the rough request to me. I told them that wasn’t my style.

I concede some women are bent that way, but in my life they are very, very rare.

Maybe I just lived through the Hippy, free love era where getting high on Thai sticks and peaceful sex was the norm.

creekx

spent spinner

To the WFF men:

I do.

Trapper
Actually, I always figured the braggarts were the guys not getting any.

Trapper

Guys that spend all their time bragging about sex and preaching religion typically don't 'get' either......
The only person I remember preaching about religion and getting sex was Brian Hood who I used to play racquetball with. That got him and Jennifer Reali a lot of prison time.

Status
Not open for further replies.