NFR Matt Lauer firing and My feelings on the MeToo campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmo_g

what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law .
Because some of the harassing behavior isn't technically illegal. Hard to prosecute for something that isn't defined as a crime, or wasn't back when it occurred. Harassment is wrong, even if it isn't illegal.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
your supposed outrage appears to limited to your political leanings- not surprised ; these outrage threads typically end in this manner

maybe keep it real instead of pandering to the typical group think on here otherwise it is just another tired thread
There should be zero tolerance for this in politics, full stop. If you aren't holding these people to higher standards than the average person, then why elect them to run your country?

It's a shame that Al Franken had to be the sacrificial lamb for the dems. I understand that they are trying to hold the high ground. But I think they did this for strictly POLITICAL reasons, much less so for MORAL reasons. Sadly, they just did exactly what Trump and his folks wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if Bannon paid the last few of these "accusers". the story about how Franken supposedly told the one woman that he can kiss her because being an entertainer makes it OK, is bizaare and I seriously doubt he said that. That seems Trumped up.

Conyers paraded around his senate office in his underwear, in front of women. That's uber creepy. Franken fake touched a womans tits and tried to kiss a woman in a manner she didn't like. I say, apples to apples. Not apples to oranges. This shit is getting out of control. Now its a political football, not just overdue social change. Leave it to congress to fuck it up.

There should be zero tolerance for this in politics, full stop. If you aren't holding these people to higher standards than the average person, then why elect them to run your country?
I agree. But what do we do when one party enforces it, and the other seems to almost encourage it? I know...VOTE.....but the problem with that is, the people who voted for the pussy grabbers and child molesters seem to not care, and they represent a lot of votes.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
I agree. But what do we do when one party enforces it, and the other seems to almost encourage it? I know...VOTE.....but the problem with that is, the people who voted for the pussy grabbers and child molesters seem to not care, and they represent a lot of votes.
That's true, the right wing base clearly doesn't give a shit about this, but it's a process. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Moore gets elected or not. If Republicans lose a senate seat in Alabama over this, that would send a pretty big signal to the party leadership that they need to run better candidates. There is still hope for them, all though it's slim.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I think the point is that if they elect him then they are normalizing that behavior... So they will be painting themselves with that brush if he wins that election.
Yes, and look at the precident with this President? Once you lower the bar...

The only thing is, there are many in Alabama who will/did not vote for him, as many (majority) in the US did not vote for this President, but the world looks at us a whole. Sad.

My european friends look at me and scowl... I try and explain I did not vote for this mess!

My relatives in Sweden, are totally unable to process what is going on with our politics in general. They also question why these women wait so long to say anything. I guess over there, they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.