Mayfly identification anyone?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Entomology' started by Richard Olmstead, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Richard Olmstead

Richard Olmstead BigDog

Roger, thanks for the info. It sounds like I should bite the bullet and buy the Schwiebert volume. I've been drooling over it in the bookstore recently.

If you would like the higher resolution pics of the male E. albertae imago, let me know and I'll be glad to provide them.

Cheers,
    Dick

2. Taxon

Taxon Moderator Staff Member

Hi Dick-

You certainly won't regret purchasing Nymphs Volumes I and II. My first impression was one of slight disappointment, just because the descriptive information in them lacked the convenient formatting incorporated into Schwiebert's original Nymphs. However, during the ensuing year, I have really come to appreciate the incredible amount of descriptive information they actually contain.

With regard to providing me with higher resolution copies of the photos, that is a most generous offer on your part. I would love to have them for study, and even for use on my website, if possible. My email address is FlyfishingEntomology@comcast.net.