NFR McGinn asks Seattle retailers for voluntary gun control

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Tool Fly, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

If you are "made" at a commercial establishment, the business owner/manager can ask you to leave. If you refuse, you can be cited for trespassing but not for a firearms violation. I reckon that's why they call it "concealed-carry" . . .

Ed Call and constructeur like this.
  2. Mike Munro

Mike Munro Member

Unfortunately, a privately owned business can decide for themselves what constitutes an enforceable violation of the state's trespassing laws, i.e., "no shirt; no shoes; a gun = no service."

3. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast la flama blanca

With decent concealment, I wouldn't think a business owner can do much. If they suspect you have a gun, they can ask you to leave, but it's not like they can search you.

4. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Home Page:
    Washington is, I believe, an "Open Carry" state? if so, you actually don't even have to try and conceal a weapon if you don't want too, I know several people, including one woman who carry right out in plain view (big 45's). You lose the element of surprise, of course, but then to each his/her own. I have my CCW permit and I'm proud of it, as for Seattle I think a person would be more than stupid to be there without a weapon, especially if you're a white male heterosexual....ummmm-like me. I stay as far away as I can from that cess-pool which is good for me and them anyway.

LB

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  5. tkww

tkww Member

I'm not sure I see that as "unfortunate" in that it's the same rights all of share for all of our properties. However, I don't see it as intelligent to kick a CCW holder out of your business. And, on the flip side, I won't likely be in that business anyway. I make an effort to vote with my dollars.

6. Mike Munro

Mike Munro Member

I guess 'unfortunate' was a poor word choice. The point I was trying to make is that it seems ridiculous that businesses can use one state law to override another, simply because they don't agree with the right that law intends to protect. So I wholeheartedly agree that businesses—and pun fully intended here—are shooting themselves in the foot if they do so.

On a side note, what I find humorous is that some of the businesses (bars) that are putting up the signs are places where state law already prohibits carry of any kind.

Tool Fly likes this.
  7. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Seattle's mayor is a moron, and no different from the last shit-for-brains moron they had. You'd think they'd be ready for someone with a modicum of intelligence, but nope, no such luck. I don't go to Seattle unless absolutely necessary, and when I do, I carry. Besides, concealed means just that. They're not going to search you, and what they don't know won't hurt them. All they can do is ask you to leave, as has been mentioned already.

Bottom line; if "gun control" actually worked, Chicago and D.C. would look like fuckin` Mayberry. Strange that they don't, isn't it!

8. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

I actually believe in "gun control," wherein POA=POI. 'Course with a handgun it's more of a "point & shoot" interface. Same concept, different acronym.

9. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I was very proud to walk into my bank the other day and the customer in front of me was open carrying what looked like a 1911 A1 on his hip for all to see.
    Now I say no one made a fuss, no customer, no teller, no bank manager, no one.
    I had never felt safer in my bank, ever.
    Concealed carry is fine, open carry makes the point.

10. scottr

scottr Active Member

I think this attempt by the Mayor is another PR misfire and businesses with this signs won't see a cent from me.

11. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Singing "I'd like to buy the world a coke" never stopped any crime. I wonder why they persist in stupidity? Must be something in the water, yes?

12. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

No, it's in the genes and it reached the critical stage where the process of natural selection has kicked in yet...I'm hoping it will be soon...

13. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Home Page:
    Seattle is special in attitude, but they have very limited life experiences.

My daughter works in Seattle. The company has well over a hundred employees. She is the only one to ever fire a gun.

She went through the hunter safety class when 14. She asked about a concealed permit, but we got her bear spray instead. Seattle is a dangerous place at night. But, it is not dangerous IF you are part of the "special" people. I suspect most of them never notice that the frog is getting warm as the temperature in the pot heats up.

Watch the first 10 minutes of this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/. The rest of it is worthless. I suspect it is going to be quicker than 500 years for things to fall apart.

Ed Call likes this.
  14. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

So here's something interesting. If gun free is such a good idea why doesn't McDipshit lead by example? His driver is a Seattle policeman, armed. In City Hall there are armed guards. I think he should make City Hall a gun free zone...or is this idea just for the "common people"?

Ed Call likes this.
  15. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

So let me get this straight,If I was gay I could sue a Bakery if they refuse to make me a wedding cake.But the same store can refuse to allow a person with a ccp permit to enter the store with a legally carried conceled weapon? Where the justice in this descrimination!