Minnow patterns

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by bwillroll, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Just.Mark

Just.Mark Member

Purple does seem like a magic color here in WA. Havent tryed it sub surface they sure love it as a dry.

2. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

Well my friend from Idaho trolls purple and white rapala's with his sled and hammers big fish in the big res. in Idaho - one of his favorite color of plugs for big bows! when I think minnow flies I think "big trophy fish" so have to have a selection of colors for dialing in A bite or should I say SLAM!!! SUN - NO SUN - EARLY LIGHT - MID DAY LIGHT - EVENING LIGHT, All these can change a color preference through out the day! Alot of this is still a learning process for me. I had some good success last spring and upping the bar this spring. If I wasen't always trying new tactics, or trying to grow, I'd get bored really, really fast and probably just take up golfing again.

3. Paul_

Paul_ Active Member

I've had good success with this- (basically a Miyawaki Beach Popper, without the popper)
    [​IMG]

bwillroll and Mark Kraniger like this.
  4. bwillroll

bwillroll Member

Paul, that is basically what I thought of tying up as my go to minnow pattern, of course with various color combinations. Simple and fishy looking. Thanks for sharing!

5. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

Wish I could blow that up Paul. looks a heck of alot like my green minnow pattern. I like the peacock on top!

6. Just.Mark

Just.Mark Member

I keep telling my self to get into Epoxy heads but that makes me want to just pull the triger, nice fly Paul

7. Drifter

Drifter Active Member