Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Minter Creek Reports

12K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  Zack Dudley 
#1 ·
Lets break up the long thread into specific reports on each area. Any Minter Creek Reports?

#58 ·
Catching 30 or so fish is possible at minter but its not a place for the more "purist" of fly fisherman or other ethical fisherman. You will see people of ALL sorts down there snagging, flossing, fishing (yeah, I was suprised too) with 3ft rods, broken rods, snoopy rods, stick rods (witnessed one time)...ect Its a definition of a "circus". When a lower tide forms it becomes a small creek with "holes" the size of bathtubs no more than 25ft long. The water is almost black with chums and there are 12 different guys casting into them, lines crossed everywhere and lead flinging around like bullets. (buddy got hit right under the eye this year.....has worn sunglasses ever since.) Alot of fish hooked in the mouth are most likely flossed but if one goes down there on a really high tide when the fish are more scattered then it becomes "fishing". Ive been down a couple times and got fish to bite early in the morning on a high tide so its definitly possible, and on a higher tide the people thin out due to the fact that a lot of people down there dont own chest waders so they are out of luck. :thumb:

#65 ·
Usually around Thanksgiving is the best time for Minter. I know I when I delivered out there I'd start fishing it a week or two before Thanksgiving and really hit it hard around turkeyday. I know some of my best days were fishing the day after thanksgiving (it's a paid holiday at UPS, but I'd work it so I could go fish out there and take my lunchbreak at the creek).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.