Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Mojntana weather

NFR 
3K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  freestoneangler 
#1 ·
The lovely Montana weather. The last two days have been 78 degrees each. This morning it was 36 degrees and now it is snowing out. The mountains around Dillon are nice a soft white color. The Ruby Range is all white. The Pioneer mountains the same. The lower foothills have no snow on them but if this keeps up they will. Just got to love it here.

#5 ·
No snow or rain here in the Columbia Basin today but not far from frost this morning. All my tomato plants are saying "plant me, plant me" but I'm waiting a bit .......
Rivers set records today with all time high flows.
Time for golf or a long road trip to that tailwater fishery I just left...... man it was fun and it was good!
Water Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Might be somewhat colored but didn't seem to affect the bite. For me, a 23-inch brown trout to hand, is more than enough reason to book another trip.

#12 ·
I was down in the city yesterday and the Clark Fork is ripping as well. My home water is over the bank in spots and anything but clear. I didn't venture down to RC, but I'd assume it rolling heavy as well. It's cooled down the past couple of days but I don't think it'll slow it much. Oh well, we expected this. Still water for awhile.

#13 ·
So, when the hot weather pattern sets in and the streams go hoot howl closure you will be happy?:eek: We had a few days of 80 that worried me sick that there would be no more rain and cool weather until November. Yesterday I got rained on, sleeted on, and my fingers were numb and I was in my happy place. The humidity and overcast brought out a decent may fly hatch on a lake that thankfully gets overlooked.

#14 ·
It's been a tough spring this year in Eastern Wa for weekend warriors like myself. We will have beautiful spring days on a Tues or Weds and then on the weekends it will be raining and windy. I have only been out once so far and it looks like my spring fishing will be June.

Given the bad weather I've honestly just focused on the gym. I've lost about 22lbs while improving my strength.

#16 ·
It's been a tough spring this year in Eastern Wa for weekend warriors like myself.
Hell, it's been a tough spring for retired guys and I skip fishing on weekends. Between weather, cleaning-up after wind storms, a water leak, in-progress remodel task & a couple electrical circuit issues, I missed-out on the best weekdays we've had recently. But I'm gaining . . .

#15 ·
I've been to the gym too almost 20 times this spring, but my gym is a float tube & a 9wt flicking big pike flies!:) Started off good, first time out 4 fish in 1.5hrs, lucky enough to have shift work, 1week early, 1week late! So i can go out before work, or after work before everyone else!:) But it's mostly seemed like Perfect weather on my way to work in the mornings then the wind picks up before midday! Or windy as hell in the mornings then calms down when i get to work in the afternoon!:)

#20 ·
I like your form of the gym even better.

I've been to the gym too almost 20 times this spring, but my gym is a float tube & a 9wt flicking big pike flies!:) Started off good, first time out 4 fish in 1.5hrs, lucky enough to have shift work, 1week early, 1week late! So i can go out before work, or after work before everyone else!:) But it's mostly seemed like Perfect weather on my way to work in the mornings then the wind picks up before midday! Or windy as hell in the mornings then calms down when i get to work in the afternoon!:)

#39 · (Edited)
Woke up to snow. The cars are all covered. Last time I looked outside it was snowing like all get out. The temp is 31 this morning. Took some pictures but my stupid computer won't load the god damn things. It seems like every time I get an upgrade it screws with my picture uploading. This is all me. One stupid computer operator.:oops:Time for a different lap top.,

Edit: Operator error. I was running on my battery only and it was down. I plugged it in and now it's working.:confused: There is about only an inch or two of snow and it's warming up and slowly disappearing.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.