monthly photo thread (?)

Chopaka Rams

Here's a couple of shots we took from Belize last week.

Both Bonefish pictures were taken without flash. The difference in ambient light makes the fish seem to be completely different colors. Any tips on brightening up shots without flash?

Chopaka Rams

Here's a couple of shots we took from Belize last week.

Such a nice looking fish! How do you find taking all those photos with your SLR Dave? I'm nervous to spend the money on one when my hands are always wet while fishing so I've stuck to my Panasonic TS2 for now.

Chopaka Rams

Such a nice looking fish! How do you find taking all those photos with your SLR Dave? I'm nervous to spend the money on one when my hands are always wet while fishing so I've stuck to my Panasonic TS2 for now.
You just have to trust your strap. Check it everytime you put the camera down. We also carry a small facecloth along to clean our hands quickly before taking a shot. A small bit of water on the camera isn't a problem(so far). We also use an Olympus stylus 1030. It takes good shots as well but the conditions have to be right. It is pretty much impervious to damage. We're now pricing out underwater housings for the slr for diving. So far they cost more than the camera did.