monthly photo thread (?)

riseform

I'm not a hummingbird expert, but I did a little research. Most of the mature males look like the one I pictured with flecks of green spots on their back. 5% of males will have a solid green back.

creekx

spent spinner
I don't see many Cedar waxwings around here. One of my north Idaho favorites is the Western Tanager. They love hanging around the rivers for the bugs, but they've been too elusive for me to photograph.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing

riseform

I don't see many Cedar waxwings around here. One of my north Idaho favorites is the Western Tanager. They love hanging around the rivers for the bugs, but they've been too elusive for me to photograph.
I always have trouble with Cedar waxwings. Their feathers are too perfect, making them look cartoonish. Kerry, that nest shot is amazing.

For creekx...some Western Tanagers that weren't hiding in treetops recently.

And finally, something I don't see every day.... A hummer buzzing and owl.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Ha, love the hummer, owl shot. I have a few humming birds that hang around our house in the spring/summer. One seems to have a particular liking of my Newf, Kuma. He likes to fly down in front of him and hoover as if to say hello. He will do this no matter where the dog is laying in the yard and it appears at times he searches for him. I haven't been lucky enough to get a shot yet.