More Quality Waters Needed

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by skyrise, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Mark Horwath

Mark Horwath Member

I agree Stilly theres not enough enforcement any ware,its unfortunate.

2. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Not enough enforcement, Most that fish with the intent on keeping dont care as long as they can fill there stringer full of fish. I cant tell you how many times I have been asked while I was fly fishing what the limits / size limits etc. They dont care .

3. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

If they didn't care why did they bother asking?

4. Trout Master

I have know idea, once at lost lake stampede pass area, was asked that ? and when I told the guy he lifeted his stringer to show all the fish that he had, he had 10 no smaller than 18" mand you are only allowed one over 18". I told him that and he answer was "sue me" .

5. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

damn! I would have gotten his license plate # and called him in

6. Trout Master

at a lake like that you dont know who's vehical is who's. I have NO problem turning someone in.

7. jimmyz

jimmyz Member

i agree also all the good quality lakes are far away. How about lake chaplain it is closed to fishing right now. why not open it for catch and realse

8. Trout Master

Lake chaplain is the city of everetts water supply, So no fishing. Yes there are fish in it just like chester morse resivoir has lots of bow and bulls in it but no fishing because its the water supply.

9. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Hmmm, closed to fishing because of the water supply issue, money issues for local agencies. I'm getting some ideas here. Got to be away to protect the water, let the agency make money and catch some fish. I'll look into it.

Ira.

10. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

here on the peninsula as well as alot of the basin lakes C&R or selective fisheries just seem to draw poachers and problems, I've called and reported the problem a number of times at lenice and still its a persistent problem I can name a number of lakes in my area as well that because of the bigger fish poaching is quite prevalent, I agree with the idea but the implementation is a problem and enforcement is almost impossible with the funds available not to mention that at some lakes a change will be ignored by the locals who see the lake as historically theirs to fish how they want, teal is one lake that comes to mind horseshoe is another and both of these lakes have plenty of P&T lakes all around them, perhaps another approach is called for.
    tony

11. jimmyz

jimmyz Member

at least where i live everywhere that is fly fishing only is a long drive. why not make a new fly fishing lake in the seattle area. is rattle snake lake fly fishing only now? lake chaplain could be a good a lake to make catch and release if everyone would repect the lake and not litter and follow the regualtoins i might happen. i also think that there is allways going to be people who litter and poach fish but overall most fly fisherman respect the rules. there is also plenty of bait lakes in my area and thats ok to. any body that fishes should respect each other if you use power bait or if you just want to keep your limit thats ok to after all we are all there to enjoy fishing

12. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Hard to argue with that!

13. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Home Page:
    That is PURE BS.

Icicle Creek is a municipal water supply. Rattlesnake Creek is a municipal water supply. Cle Elum Lake is a municipal water supply. Lake Chelan is a municipal water supply.

All those watersheds are open to the public.

Public land needs to be open to the public period!! Down in California, East Bay Municipal Water District doubled the acreage in parks by opening their watersheds to public.

There is no excuse for keeping watersheds closed to public use.

Enough BS they just need to open the watersheds.

14. Trout Master

Pure BS......................... Go ahead and go up to these watersheds. Fish the hell out of them, see how far you will get before being arrested.

15. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Lake Whatcom is Bellingham's water supply and it is full of Jet Skis, power boats and free to fish in. Also, all the oil drippings from traffic in the whole Lake Whatcom basin runs into the lake-go figure! Rick