Mostly Mann

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by GAT, Jan 1, 2014.

1. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I've seen dome tents ripped from their tent stakes and rolling across the desert amongst the sagebrush. Yes, you might say the wind does blow there on occasion :D

They did knock off the goldfish and started over with the slug cutts.

Chick is already a large mud puddle even when they haven't drained all the water out of the reservoir. Best to check ahead before heading out for Chick. They can and will drain it down to nothing if the farmers need the water.

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Cameras certainly preserve the memories. Nicely done, Gene and I like the music.

3. MDK

MDK Active Member

Actually, it's the Blitzen. The Little Blitzen is really little especially in the Fall when I was there but can be fun to explore.

Teenage Entomologist likes this.
  4. JohnB

JohnB Active Member

Do streams that far on the east side blow out pretty bad when the snowmelt starts going? I've got an idea of a trip planned to that side of the state and the one thing is I have no idea what it would be like trying to fish over there in March/April. Is it a bad idea?

5. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

6. bakerite

bakerite Active Member

Hey Gene, Thanks a lot for posting this. I've got to get down there, as close as it is to here. Those fish from Chick look great. So far this is a terrible year for snowpack. Front page new on the Baker City herald. If you ever make it over here I have found out about a few other fisheries! I used to fish the slug-cutts in Lenore when they first stocked it. They ran a little bigger than the ones in Mann and I seem to remember them being darker.... Anyway thanks for the great EO pics. Jeff