Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Moving...pontoons and hand pump in the trash

Boats 
891 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MarkZ 
#1 ·
Moving upriver a few miles. Threw a few things in the trash and thought I'd share...

7 years of worthless warranty left on these, in the trash.

Plant Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Trashed this too. K pump works way better. Noticed you can read the word "Texsport" through the Scadden sticker. If u really want this cheap pump, buy from Amazon, not Scadden. Moving helps you reflect on life as you go through your stuff. It evokes old feelings. In this case, the feelings of being ripped off.

Microphone Cylinder Gas Drink Font

Product Font Tableware Gas Drink

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Moving upriver a few miles. Threw a few things in the trash and thought I'd share...

7 years of worthless warranty left on these, in the trash.

View attachment 102852

Trashed this too. K pump works way better. Noticed you can read the word "Texsport" through the Scadden sticker. If u really want this cheap pump, buy from Amazon, not Scadden. Moving helps you reflect on life as you go through your stuff. It evokes old feelings. In this case, the feelings of being ripped off.

View attachment 102854

View attachment 102855
Hi A.A. ... hope the trashing of those items didn't ruin a trip but I'm sure it didn't help ... I got a K Pump with my WaterStrider and love both the WaterStrider and the K-100 pump which is incredibly easy to pump and is extremely efficient ... the double-action pumps are basically better than nothing ... if I might inquire (I also have a North Fork Outdoors/Scadden unit, a Predator) - what went wrong with the McKenzie Drifter that made you not want to even utilize the warranty to get a replacement? Thanks ... Mark

#5 ·
Hi Mark,
People on this forum have heard my complaint more than a couple times so I'll keep it short. Basically, one of the bladders blew due to a defect, not a puncture. They were beyond repair. They wouldn't replace the 'toons because they don't make the model anymore. The best offer I got was to pay a discounted price for some new ones. Definitely wasn't too good a deal to pass up. I opted to go with a different brand of tubes. We'll see how the frame holds up. Lean bar is a little scary, way too flexible and feels like you're going to fall off the front.

#6 ·
The only thing making a sound over at the Scadden clubhouse right now are the crickets chirping......

At $40 for a sticker that pumps gotta have some good warranty on it - until they "discontinue" it......

Reactions: Richard E
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.