Mt Rainier Tragedy Opens Nonsense Debate

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Desolate, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

That is the truth Mr. Olmstead, thank you for stating it!

2. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    In before the lockdown

3. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Jim- To answer your questions: The deranged dude killed the ranger. No, I don't think the law would have made any difference in the park. No, I am not an anti-gun guy, but in fact own a couple. I just think calling someone a scum sucking liar is pretty poor.

As for you "PT", you're the f'..ng idiot, we all know that....

4. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

We won't be safe until everyone carries a gun and is sufficiently trained in its use to be able to shoot at exactly the same time the other guy does.

5. Jim Welch

Jim Welch Veni, Vidi, Fishi OFFC

I appreciate the response Larry, thanks.

You do have to admit that the the person that is using this tragedy for banning guns in parks is either naieve, clueless or a drama maker and really should be putting his energy into something more credible.

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

+1

7. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    +2

8. generic

generic Justified

Surprised a wolf didn't get him. :clown:

9. Jim Mcallister

Jim Mcallister AKA stillwater guy

I wander what the arguement would be if this nut would have used a compound bow.Like other posts have mentioned its not about guns its about human behavior and this guy was fucked up.

10. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

A comedian I watched once talked about this issue in a way. He thought it would be a good idea for all drivers to carry guns. He thought it would cut down on road rage. He imagined a merge situation with a little old lady pulling out her 45 and holding it up and asking to merge please. He also didn't believe that it was guns that killed people, he blamed it on those nasty little bullets so advocated not for gun control, but instead for bullet control. Cracked me up at the time.

Now onto a more important point, if ever a thread needed hijacking, I think we have a winner winner chicken dinner.

I'm looking forward to me trip to Ascension bay comming up soon, any advice on flies for permit?

Ira..

11. ribka

ribka Active Member

You never fail to entertain me!
    Thanks for the chuckle

12. Jerry White

Jerry White Active Member

Haha, Good one!
    This one will never make 19 or 21 pages er whaterver... I predict the mods eutanizing this one after no more than 4 pages!

13. John Dude

John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Re this thread. I should point out the guy who raised this point isn't a politician. He's head of a group of retired rangers.
    His point may be his opinion, but I don't think it'll go anywhere. The right to keep and bear arms is in the Constitution, and the Courts are backing the broad interpretation of that. They won't uphold such a broad form of blanket restraint.

I should also point out the source of the story is not a very credible news source. Repeated analyses have documented extreme bias and repeated fabrications in their published stories. See Columbia Journalism Review if you need more info.

14. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision to allow loaded weapons in national parks.

He called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate

So here's what the thread is all about. Bill Wade is a scum for using this woman as a pawn. He sucks to blame congress for this one. Bill Wade is also a liar for claiming could have been prevented if the law wasn't changed. I would say "scum-sucking" liar is about correct.

15. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Very sorry to hear that you have guns dryflylarry. I don't think you're qualified to own a weapon, do you have all your paperwork on those guns? Also, I think you are the only one on this thread so far who has called another forum member a "scum sucking liar". I'd suggest there is a "scum sucking liar" here but I won't name him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.