Muzzle Loader Show and Tell

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Troutcreek, Apr 22, 2014.

1. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Giving this a reminder bump and how's everyones schedule looking for this weekend?

2. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Beautiful works of are for sure. What caliber are they?

3. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

We're good to go, leaving on Thursday about mid-day. Don't know which site we're in at the Burlington KOA, but we're dragging the A-frame trailer and the hounds. Ron: Terry? Y'all making the trip? I'm 509 393-8856. Thursday we're hitting the Rockfish in Anacortes (to avoid the band!), then Friday I expect to go to the Outback Steakhouse in Burlington. I'm bringing a bottle of cheap scotch for relaxing by the trailer:cool:

4. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

I'll be up even if it's just for Saturday, not sure how work is looking for late week/ the weekend yet.

5. Troutcreek

Troutcreek Active Member

The remake is 45 cal. the original is somewhere in the 46 or 47 cal.range(at least at the muzzle). I suspect that the soft steel barrel on the original has worn at the muzzle from cleaning and loading.

6. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

Ron & Terry, I hope you guys decided not to go to the rendezvous. We drove into the thing twice, and saw only a handful of tents, no vendors, and nothing going on other than some people dressed up and "pretending". Very sad. So unless they had a bunch of stuff hidden away, with no directions to them, it wasn't worth wasting the gas.

Ron Eagle Elk likes this.
  7. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Alex, After rechecking the schedule we found that the International Altantic Salmon Fly event was this past weekend and I had promised to take her there, since she ties the darn things. That was a great event, even with the $25 admission fee. I managed to buy a few things for myself and for her Ladyship, plus saw some incredible tiers from all over the world.