My DOG

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by ZigZag, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Rick Sharp

Rick Sharp Member

Naw she's a lab her mother was a chocolate and father yellow, I've managed to hand train her when she retrieves in the river but for the most part she's a pup.

My wife has property in three oaks, we were out during thanksgiving and I bagged a couple whitetail, we are headed back sometime this year. When is a good time to bring the two hander and tips for the St Joe?

2. ZigZag

ZigZag Member

portland oregon, Chico California, Tahoe, Reno NV.

All of the above places are great, I like Vancouver lake, its good for gun conditioning with the pop gun. Double gun Kennals in Eagle creek, Chris is helping me out with training.

3. ImperialStoutRunsThruMe

ImperialStoutRunsThruMe Active Member

"I like Vancouver lake, its good for gun conditioning with the pop gun. Double gun Kennals in Eagle creek, Chris is helping me out with training."

Agree. Whenever I'm training my dog, I take him out to one of the wide open spaces out there. Lots of room to work with the dog without distractions to him (or me) from other dogs or people.

4. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

Great looking hound, Zag! Hey Karl, the next time that guy gives you a bad time about the girlie gun, ask him if small bores are such pansy guns, would he mind getting shot in the ass by my .410? Betcha he declines the offer:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Alex, the guy was a big, very big South african gentleman and that .410 would have had the same effect if you shot a rhino in the ass! Best not to piss off the dangerous game, me thinks!

6. dfl

dfl Active Member

Congrats! You and your hound are both lucky. Thirty five years ago I raised a lab and a viz in a 3rd floor apartment. I still miss those dogs.

7. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

I hunted with a guy once who bragged on his two Vizla, how well-trained they were, so we went out to Camanche Hills Pheasant club near Ione, CA, where I was a member. I took my Golden along too, `cause she never missed a hunt. Soooo... Aspen's in her crate, and his pups jump a bird waaaaay out there. The last I saw of his two Vizla, they were running under the bird, hauling ass for Stockton! He told me they were "high energy" dogs, but he kept them in a kennel all day. The moral is, work your pups every day, if it's only for a few minutes! Mine get about a half-hour every day, even in the snow, and I'll work `em on steadying, hand work, and general retriever training until they begin to get tired. Works pretty well, too! Right now, Miss Foofus is sacked out on the couch, and the Maodog is crashed on the dining room rug; life's tough if you're a dog at my place!
    View attachment 48991
    My two girls, Ailan (the Foofus) on the right, and Fiona, (the Maodog) on the left