My "Fat Cat" is leaking

Thomas Williams

Habitual Line Stepper
Your outcast should have come with a patch kit. If you dont have it go on outcasts website and purchase on. Take your bladder out inflate it and submerge it in your bathtub to find the leak. Then simply cut a piece of material and aquaseal it on. No need to replace the entire bladder.

Thomas Williams

Habitual Line Stepper
Its a boston valve that is stitched and glued. Those valves are solid! But you can try it. Clean out the threads and use a tiny amount of vaseline. But id put my money on a pinhole puncture.

A slow leak like described here is most likley a valve. To find out if the leak is in the valve just pour soapy water in and around the valve and if you see bubbles you've found your leak. I would then suggest cleaning the inside of the Summit valve with a q-tip and tighting the valve with your valve wrench. Please keep in mind that cooler temperatures will result in some contraction in your tube. If all else fails call us at 800-966-0976 and we can assist.

Chris Callanan
Outcast Sporting Gear

IveofIone

Valve wrench? I have had a SFC for 10 years but have never seen the valve wrench. Mine is leaking too at the valve and only the valve cover is keeping the air in at this point. Maybe after 10 years a new bladder might be a good idea.

Ive

Outcast Fat Cats and Super Fat Cats come with Summit valves and the valves are gray. Fish Cat 4s and Fish Cat 4 Dlxs come with Boston valves and the valves are black.

Chris Callanan
Outcast Sporting Gear

Thomas Williams

Habitual Line Stepper
Ahh ok. Ive got the fishcat 4 so I dismissed a valve issue. Ive had problems with summit valves they can be a pain. Best course is to just clean it reset it and put vaseline in the threads. That worked for me at least.

A slow leak like described here is most likley a valve. To find out if the leak is in the valve just pour soapy water in and around the valve and if you see bubbles you've found your leak. I would then suggest cleaning the inside of the Summit valve with a q-tip and tighting the valve with your valve wrench. Please keep in mind that cooler temperatures will result in some contraction in your tube. If all else fails call us at 800-966-0976 and we can assist.

Chris Callanan
Outcast Sporting Gear
Now that is what I call customer service. Good job Chris.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Mine does that as well. Fortunately it is slow enough that I can get through a fishing day w/o having to inflate. I don't use my FatCat much anymore, favoring my Southfork wherever possible. I've tried locating the leak to no avail...suspect the valve. Had not heard about the vaseline trick; will give it a try.