My thanks to the Old Man

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Whom I hope I meet this week. He helped me out on the NF of the Stilly today. Well actually, we never got hooked up, but his advice helped anyway, guiding me via cell phone. When he called, I was in some kind of cell phone dead zone. I could sorta hear him, but he couldn't hear me.The call went something like this; "Start throwing......and when they get tired of that.......try a backwards upside down cast behind you......." and then the phone went dead. I looked at the cell phone screen and it displayed the dreaded NO SERVICE. I had driven up to Oso and parked. Really a nice spot. I had tied up some elk hair caddis(brown and natural) plus I had some BWO wanna bees. I brought 3 Cutts to hand and must have lost 8. Gotta love those C&R fly fishing only spots. Had a really good time and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day. Everybody at work thought I got laid and the wife wanted to know who I was screwing(just kidding). Thanks so much for your input Jim.

Matt

2. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Home Page:
    Matt,

You are cracking me up! Old man hahaha. How did you like Bob's upsidown reverse cast? I am a little confused in regards to the rings from the nose???? Any help in explaining that would be appreciated. :DUNNO

~MacRowdy

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man (NFR)

What do I know---I'm just an old man

At least somebody likes me. :HMMM

Jim

4. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

I like ya too Jim! (in the fellow fly fisherman way, don't get the wrong idea) MacRowdy is starting to test the nerves though. :MAD :TSKTSK YT
    almost forgot, a buddy called me this morning, said, "30 inch steelhead and 4 SRC's at our NF stilly spot yesterday" gettin excited! :EEK

5. Old Man

I was up there yesterday and the same result as usual.Man I didn't see nuttin. But the weather was very nice and warm.

Jim

6. MacRowdy

Home Page:
    I love you Jimmy.

MacRowdy :THUMBSUP

7. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

The gold rings are those found once in awhile on the noses of the very cool. They are piercings. Small, they dangle from the lower side of the nostril and some find them very disgusting and maybe that's the point: to disgust others. I have heard, but I have no proof, that you can't draw unemployment mooney with rings in your nose because maybe that's the reason you can't find work. In short, your taste in jewlery is causing employers to turn off and thus you, not the economy, are the cause for your joblessness.

8. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Driven by irrational exuberance.

Home Page:
    I've been threatening to get a piercing and stick a big red Gamakatsu in it. Is it painfully hip or a casting accident? Or just "a luring"?

9. MacRowdy

Home Page:
    Nose rings

BobLawless,

I guess if you have a vest dog and a vest parrot then it is only fitting to have some gold rings in your nose.

MacRowdy :THUMBSUP

10. Old Man

I only had two people ever call me by that name and I hate it. One was my Mother,may she rest in peace, And the other was a boss at the lazy bee and he caught hell for it. So I don't care what you call me as long as it isn't Jimmy I'll even answer to a SOB but not Jimmy. So I'm asking for real here. This is not a joke.

Now back to the good times. I might make it out to Oso again tomorrow;. After the kids get off to school the day is mine until 3:30 PM. You can all show up and give me a bad time but I think that tomorrow is going to be my day. Matt said that he was going to show up.

Jim

11. Surf_Candy

Surf_Candy Member

Nose rings

I've seen them used to hold tippet dispensers, clippers, hemostats etc. They free up vest pockets for vest BBQ and vest Propane torch.

Gold is key, other metals may look nice, but in salty environs tend to turn nostrils green.