Ncp Thread

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by flytyingfred, Apr 9, 2012.

1. flytyingfred

flytyingfred New Member

I would like to know if you need to use ncp thread for your trim wraps or can you just use reg. thread and put the color preservative on just like the running thread. I did see on one website where they recommend using only one coat of color preserver on ncp thread. So does that mean if you want to put multiple coats on your running thread you do that before you add the trim wraps? I have my colors picked out for my next build and none of the colors are ncp. Should I look again at more websites to try to find the shades I have in ncp. or should I just use what I have and color preserve all the thread with multiple coats? thanks

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I would like to know if that is Anna Kournikova's posterior in your avatar. Sorry, can't help you with the thread question, I'm distracted.

3. flytyingfred

flytyingfred New Member

not Anna it is a lesser known player named jelena dokic. She was at one time up near the top of the wta field but I have not seen her in a while. She is as you can see in the pic one healthy individual. The tennis channel is one of my go to channels when the women are playing. Have never played the game or know much about it but why would you have to when this is what you see running back and forth and jumping high in the air to swat at a little yellow ball?????

4. WABOWMAN

WABOWMAN Active Member

Thats better than watching the lab go after the ball.
    I have only used metalics thread for trim and dont like to use CP because i like the translucents of the thread when not used.I hope this helps

5. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

I never use plain nylon thread. I dont want to mess around with CP. I use NCP for all my thread work and it turns out great.