Need help justifying...

Big E

If you honestly think it'll make you happier, tell her. I've got to believe she'll be glad you found it.
Yep, you were right on with that one. Got the thumbs up.

I really got to stop spending so much time in hotels. Seems all I do is just trawl the web buying shit I don't need.

Probably going to order it the end of this week.

Chad Lewis

NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
If you honestly think it'll make you happier, tell her. I've got to believe she'll be glad you found it.
I liked that one a lot too. Not everyone understands justification for buying or doing something, but most people understand doing what makes you happy. And for someone that's not into your "thing" (whatever that is), that may be all they can understand about it. My ex-girlfriend likes Coach purses for a variety of reasons, most of which are lost on me. I mean, it's a purse. But they sure make her happy, and that I can understand and respect. I think she felt the same about a few of my hobbies.

IveofIone

Gals need toys too so just try to keep it even. My wife has been sewing for almost 60 years and her current sewing machine is a 27 year old Viking that I paid $1600 for back in 1985. She is thinking about a new machine and I looked up the model she was interested in. The ad read: "$3,000 off this week only!" Gulp.

Buy the vise and enjoy, it's later than you think.

Ive

GAT

Dumbfounded
$3,000 OFF! What's the original retail of that thing? I had no idea you could buy a car for the price of a new sewing machine. Shhheesh.

Krusty

Gals need toys too so just try to keep it even. My wife has been sewing for almost 60 years and her current sewing machine is a 27 year old Viking that I paid $1600 for back in 1985. She is thinking about a new machine and I looked up the model she was interested in. The ad read: "$3,000 off this week only!" Gulp.

Buy the vise and enjoy, it's later than you think.

Ive
Feel relieved...my wife easily has $20k+ in a Bernina sewing machine, quilting frame, and a Bernina 'serger' (whatever the hell that is). Apparently Bernina is the sewing machine equivalent of a Winston bamboo rod. Expensive? Yes, but it means I get a 'free pass' for whatever toys I feel like buying.