Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Need help with pole info

1K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  chewydog 
#1 ·
Went out last summer, and someone stepped on my pole. Went unnoticed till i went to cast:mad: Didnt work out too well. I am looking at a Redington Pursuit or a Wright and McGill that are for sale here at Sportsmans Warehouse. My question is, I have never used anything but a 2 pc rod and now it seems all the poles are 4 pc. Both poles carry a lifetime warranty, was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts positive or negative. I cannot spend much more than what these are going for, as i have my sons hockey season to start paying for$$$. Was looking at a 9 ft 5 wt.

#3 ·
I have a Redington Pursuit and think it compares well to my Sage Vantage, but it cost less than half as much. I would get another one. You can get a 2pc or 4pc. The 2pc is a little cheaper and I didn't notice any difference in casting feel. It has a great warranty. If you break it just send them $30 and they'll send you a new rod or get it fixed. Buying from a local fly shop is a good idea and would make a potential warranty returns much easier!

#9 ·
i would personally send it back to the manufacturer for a possible fix or they may replace it. do not rely on somebody in a fly shop to do it for you. there is no knowing when theyll send it back

log on to the manufacturers website for instruction on how to return the broken "pole" and any associated costs in doing so.

2pc vs 4pc rods. todays 4pc rods are just as good as the 2pc rods and may be even better. its been a long time since 4pc have come out so the engineering is far more advanced than 10-20 years ago

buy what YOU can afford. YOU are the one thats going to use it.

#10 ·
Don't worry about your choice of words. As a gifted linguist and professor of languages both ancient and modern, the old man is a bit of a stickler when it comes to semantics.

TC

#13 ·
This is my rod. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rod is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rod, without me, it's useless. Without my rod, I am useless. I must cast my rod true. I must cast straighter than my prey who is trying to hid from me. I must catch him before he avoids me. I will...
My rod and I know that what counts in this war is not the casts we throw, the noise of our line, nor the splash we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rod is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its eyelets and its seat. I will keep my rod clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rod and I are the defenders of still and splashing waters. We are the masters of our prey. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but fish on!

#24 ·
This is my rod. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rod is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rod, without me, it's useless. Without my rod, I am useless. I must cast my rod true. I must cast straighter than my prey who is trying to hide from me. I must catch him before he avoids me. I will...
My rod and I know that what counts in this war is not the casts we throw, the noise of our line, nor the splash we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rod is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its eyelets and its seat. I will keep my rod clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rod and I are the defenders of still and splashing waters. We are the masters of our prey. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but fish on!
Fixed it for you

#16 ·
Fixed it. Thanks. I will be forever grateful, once I get over the shame of it all.

TC

#18 ·
Necessary and appropriate are two different things. I plead creative license. Here in Outer Duvall we are a bit more liberal with our commas.

TC

Reactions: Polar Shrimp
#20 ·
Having entered a plea of creative license I am rendered immune from linguistic elitism.

TC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.