Needed: Utilty trailer to rent or borrow

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Davy, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davy

Davy Active Member

For a camping/fishing trip to California May 16 - 27th

8,9,10'- something I can haul extra camp gear.coolers, etc behind my Ranger P/U. Actually not alot but enough to put quite abit of firewood in my truck. Our annual trip to the McCloud and Fall rivers has grown this year into a quasi-bachelor guys weekend for our son that is getting married in June and need to haul more gear/firewood.

We would put aprox 15-1800 miles on it during the trip.

thank you :thumb:

Davy

2. TWD

TWD Travis

Davy, unfortunately mine stores my raft in the boat yard but I recently purchased the 12' utility trailer at Home Depot and it rolled nicely to Billings MT and back. I think it was about 650 new
    Maybe buy?

3. Davy

Davy Active Member

I was looking at those a couple days ago, your pretty happy with it then? I saw the price for the small one and then theres the larger one- do you know what the cost was on those? Couldn't find a HD sticker anywhere on the larger ones.

I may just do that. Thought I'd see if I could find someone to let me use one first since I really very rarely need one. Often I just use the driftboat as a trailer.

thanks

4. kjackson

kjackson Banned or Parked

Check U-Haul-- prices aren't unreasonable. If you really don't want to buy another item to license and store, it's not a bad option-- on the plus side, you have on-road service in case a tire blows. I've done the "adventure in moving" thing a couple of times, and I've been impressed by the low-ish prices. I've rented a covered big trailer for something like $100 a week. Since you don't need something that big, you might be able to get it for a lot less. Another option is buying a trailer from Harbor Freight. Their trailers are almost dirt cheap, and I've heard some praises about them as well.

Keith

5. TWD

TWD Travis

the HD trailers are made by snowbear (online somewhere). I think HD just has one model but may be wrong ... the tail gates drop up/down making it look much larger/smaller. I would recommend the rental for once a year also ... the tag was somethign like 90/yr. Would offer but it holds my boat

cheers

6. ghflyflinger

ghflyflinger Member

davy- i work at home depot and the price of the larger trailer if im not mistaken is 950. They are nice trailers and I have not heard a single complaint from any of the customers that have bought them.

Jake

7. weekend warrior

weekend warrior Member

what is the dimensions on the smaller trailer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.