New fishing gear, one man's perspective

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by riseform, Oct 21, 2013.

1. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Omj, I agree with you on the bifocals as I now have found myself needing them,As for the cell phone, I have yet to get one as I still think they are a soon to pass fad & unless you are a call girl or drug dealer I can't see much use for them

dryflylarry and smc like this.
  2. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

I am cursed with both Myopia and Presbyopia; the equivalent of a cruel trick. I use progressive bifocals for daily eyewear. I got some prescription polarized photochromic Drivewear sunglass lenses that are awesome for fishing in cool looking wrap around frames. Unfortunately the curve of the lenses in the wraparound frame bends light slightly distorting my vision. The distortion becomes more pronounced as objects are closer making threading tiny hooks with gossamer tippets maddening. My next pair of 'scrips will have as flat a lens as possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. weiliwen

weiliwen Active Member

Add me to the recent addition of reading glasses to my fly equipment. I bought but haven't yet used flip-down readers, but honestly, I hate wearing a hat so that wouldn't help. I usually have them in my pocket, and expect to lose a pair from time to time in the drink.

For me, The tool I am not fond of us a lanyard for all my needed tools. I thought I'd like it, but it get's tangled up in my line, jingles too much, and I'm afraid that the movement can spook fish. I ended up getting a few zip-clips and clipping my nipper and hemostat to them.

4. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

ok my 2 cents on rubber sole boots (Simms).
    they SUCK. and should be outlawed as they are very dangerous.

5. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Probably a smart move on your part, Gene. You can never understand what the other person is saying and you might get somebody in India, wanting to give you advise on how to fish the lake.

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

You don't need to see in the distance, unless you are bird watching.

And yes. I also wear those trifocals. I have been for about 20 years now.