new forum??

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Stephen Rice, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

I am sure this has probably been mentioned before and I know this is a Fly fishing forum. But it would be nice to have a little section for Hunting along with it's own Gallery.What do you think?

2. seanengman

seanengman Trout have no politics

I think it would be nice to have a nice Washington hunting forum, but I think It should be its own site. I would defenitely join if someone were to start it up.

3. salt dog

salt dog card shark

Great idea Stephen.

From my perspective, there is a lot of overlap; just different ways of accessing the same thing. Putting it under one roof so to speak is just a matter of convenience.

I know I would like to see ideas from others about cleaning/preserving fur and feathers from game for fly tying, game preparation and cooking, hunting issues, as well as just find out who gets-off on a cast and blast type of adventure.

Maybe arrange swaps when you get more feathers or fur of one kind than you can reasonably use to exchange with others for a larger variety. Mostly I bird hunt and end up throwing away whatever I know I won't be able to use, and it always seems an unfortunate waste. I would bet there are a fair number of fly fishers on this forum that enjoy walking the fields with good companions and a good bird dog.

4. seanengman

Wow Salt Dog, I didn't think of it like that. Maybe this is the place for a cast and blast forum.
    Sean

5. Brent Comer

Brent Comer Member

That sounds like an interesting forum to me. iagree

6. salt dog

salt dog card shark

A buddy and I had considered getting a group together this fall, drawing lots to see who would fish for a clipped steelhead, and who would chase grouse, quail or pheasants, meet back at the cabin that afternoon and each team prepare their favorite recipe for a wild game surf and turf feast. Maybe someone could bring some Elk or Deer steaks. Maybe do it Monthly when something is in season during the Fall.

Unfortunately that idea got tabled for the year when we didn't have a steelhead opener on the Methow. Anyway, that's the kind of the ideas you can explore when you get some like minded folks together.

I'm much more experienced at fishing than hunting, so it would be nice to be able to access hunting knowledge the way I have been able to do on this forum for fishing.

7. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

That would be a great idea. Give me a reason to clean and oil up the guns. It would be cool to share skins, etc.

8. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Done, but please use it or it'll be removed.

Nice timing, considering I'm shopping around for bows right now. My buddies Mathews is pretty incredible but boy oh boy are they proud ($) of their bows!

9. seanengman

Thanks Chris

10. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

Very Cool!! Great Idea Steve O!
    Dont Know If I Will Ever Get Anything Posted Up, But My Day Might Come. I Have Not Been Hunting In Several Years, I Need To Go Out And Get My Education Card And Then Maybe A License.

I Dunno If It Is Worth It Though. Is Getting Out As Easy As It Used To Be Again?? I Was Looking Into It A Couple Years Ago, But Certain Areas Were Only Open Certain Times And Only Then If It Was A Full Moon. I Just Want To Hit The Hills And Do Some Bush Wackin' And Shoot A Bambi.

Ty

11. Brent Comer

Brent Comer Member

Westside deer opens tomorrow! (Modern Firearm)

I've never bow hunted. Only modern firearm. Bow hunting looks interesting.

12. spanishfly

spanishfly Steelberg

Sweet idear for the Forum!

Chris, I bought a Mattews FX2 this year and it's Fast! Plus it didn't break the bank. I bought it at a bow shop in Puyallup if your seriously thinking about getting one hit me up I can save you some coin. Think I paid 5 1/2 hundo for my entire set up. Sites, quiver, bow, limb savers, whisker biscuit etc. Plus this year the regs changed so you can shoot 80% let off :)

Dennis

Attached Files:

13. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Home Page:
    anybody ever use reflex bows? i almost bought one the other day but am looking at them for next season.

14. spanishfly

spanishfly Steelberg

Never shot one Mike but they look like nice bows. Probably a good idea to wait til off season might get a smokin deal.

15. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Home Page:
    cabelas has them on sale right now