New made-in USA Orvis CFO reel and glass rods

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Lugan, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Dan Nelson

Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Home Page:

Make sure you get that new Orvis Encounter Rod/Reel budget kit out there too. I'm impressed with its performance for its price ($159 for rod/reel/backing/line). I'd love to hear some more feedback from you and your colleagues on it.

2. Derek Young

Derek Young Emerging Rivers Guide Services

Home Page:
    Dan, I think the Encounter kit is going to be great for new anglers, and when I've used it after the last time we fished, a solid rod and reel at a great price. A rod on the boat to match most everyone's style, budget, and casting ability.

Dan Nelson likes this.
  3. Red Arch

Red Arch Active Member

It seems this has turned from the CFO thread to the Orvis thread, I have an Encounter IV on my bought used 8# Power Matrix. Both my steelies have been landed on Orvis products, however the first was a Battenkill Mid-Arbor IV reel and the second one was that reel and my Power Matrix.
    Have yet to land one on my actual reel (the Battenkill is my dads) however it is a great reel for the price!

4. Jeff Sturm

Jeff Sturm Member

Leland,
    Do you guys have any Superfine Glass rods yet? I'm flying back to east coast for several weeks and wanted to grab a new 3-wt before I left...I really want to try out the glass one.

Thanks,
    Jeff

miyawaki likes this.
  5. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Jeff, a 3wt in transit. We should have it next week sometime. When do you leave?

Leland.