New Year's Eve on the Arkansas River

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Biscuet, Jan 5, 2014.

1. SpiffySteve

SpiffySteve New Member

Send me a message if you get back to Colorado. There are much better spots not far from there (except mid December to the end of February)

2. Bellsporter

Bellsporter Member

I live in Longmont. Let me know if you wanna fish

SpiffySteve likes this.
  3. SpiffySteve

SpiffySteve New Member

That is great. I am a Realtor so weekends are my busiest time (and April is a train wreck this year) but I suspect I could free a day towards the end of the month or a week day after the 7th. We could hit the Big T under the dam or if we wait until later in the year go up to the park. If you are willing to drive Deckers is great this time of year or the Ark of course especially Big Horn Sheep Canyon. Heck it is only 4 hours to Grey Reef and the Miracle Mile on the North Platte if you like to float. Feel free to give me a call or text 303-956-8480

4. Bellsporter

Bellsporter Member

Cool. I typically have Tuesday and Wednesday off so that could work well. I was no the n. Platte a couple weeks ago and it fished great. Here's my # 734-649-6141. Lucas

5. Bellsporter

Bellsporter Member

Where do you live?

6. SpiffySteve

SpiffySteve New Member

Basically 120th and I-25. Technically a Westminster address but closer to Northglenn and Thornton.

7. Skyler Evans

Skyler Evans Active Member

im excited im staying in pueblo for a few days im hoping to get out and do some fishing.

8. Jeff Curtiss

Jeff Curtiss Loves Stripers on the Fly

One of these days I would like to head up to CO to fish the Arkansas there. I live in Bixby, OK and the AR runs very close to my house; I fish it quite frequently.
    I took the fish in my avatar on May 23rd just a couple of miles from my house. It's an 8# striper that nearly ripped the rod out of my hands going after a 3" sheep shad that I tied.
    The AR down here produces lots of stripers in the 5# - 20# class, along with catfish, drum, white bass, largemouth, sauger, paddlefish, and a host of other species. With the exception of the paddlefish, all of them will take a fly.