Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

NEWS!!!

Rod Building 
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill McAllister 
#1 ·
Hello Angler's Workshop Customer:

We have exciting news! Beginning September 19th we are changing ownership and the company is moving to Springfield, Illinois. Our Woodland location will be closing at 5 PM on the 12th of September. We will then be closed from Sat Sept 13th through Sunday Sept 28th. During that time our website and phones will still be available to place orders, but we will not resume shipping any orders until Monday September 29th.The new owners are committed to improving your experience, adding products and features, and to expanding the business to serve you better. They currently own the popular lure building site LurePartsOnline.com which has been in the lure manufacturing industry for over 20 years.

We appreciate your support over the years and we will continue to strive to provide you with friendly service and the widest variety of top quality rod building and fly tying supplies at competitive prices.

Our physical location will be closing for good on September 13th. The website, customer service and order desks will still be open during this transition. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to serve you over the last 34 years. It has been fantastic to be in this industry and we know the new owners will continue our tradition of good customer service, price and selection. I will be staying on, as well as other necessary staff to ensure a smooth transition and to help Angler's Workshop grow.

Jon Britt, manager

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow, old thread I know but I'm pretty bummed about this. My folks live nearby and I had stopped in a couple of times recently to pick up some odds and ends. Also, my grandfather ran a sporting goods store on the North Coast (CA) in the 1950's-70's and my dad told me that they used to get a lot of their stuff from Angler's Workshop back then.

#7 ·
Still sad about this shop closing and the storefront staying empty! Woodland holds allot of history for fishing in this State. I'm probably wrong but the Lewis may be the only reason Woodland became the city it is now. Parts of that river look like my favorite OP river. When I would road trip from Centralia to Vancouver they were the only reason I would stop to stretch the legs. Also, if I couldn't find it anywhere I could find it there and have it in my hand or ask questions to their experienced staff.

Now only by catalog? Hope they can compete with everyone else on the web when I'm looking for those items now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.