NF stilly report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Whitey, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Alright jim, we gotta get you on some fish. I'll be at the spot we've been discussing in the A.M. Look for a red Toyota 4-Runner. I'll hook ya up with some new SRC patterns I've been working on. Were gonna end your streak, I promise.(well, I Hope)YT

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

I must be losing my mind. I just typed up a answer and then deleted it. Some brains HUH. Well to try it again.

I will be there tomorrow again but it won't be until about 10:00 AM. Have to get kids off to school and then make sure they stay there. But if you want to wait until Wednesday,I have all day and can be there at any time.

Jim

3. Cutthroat_Fight

Cutthroat_Fight New Member

How was the Stilly today Jim?

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

The water is clear,it was foggy all day,like a steady light drizzle. But other than that I would say it was a good day. How come you didn't answer my questions ?

I got to go now as I have to finish making supper. Ribs and I can smell them now.

Jim

5. Cutthroat_Fight

Sunday, I saw a couple one guy and a girl in red down below the C-Post Bridge. I was with my neighbor who has a beard, me in a red hat. I must have missed your questions :( I am going outside to practice back hauling after reading what Shockedalakan wrote heh.

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Must of just missed each other. They were getting ready to go down to the river just as I left.

All I know about back hauling is what you can haul in the back of a pick-up. So much for having no brains.

I was getting it out quite a ways today, but I am thinking that I'm doing a single haul with out thinking. But it could be the line. I use that 555 by Cortland and I find that I can get longer casts with it.

Jim

P/S And the ribs were finger licken good.

7. Cutthroat_Fight

Heh I am cooking for my girlfriend tonight since she usually gets home later than I do..nothing as good as ribs though :YUM

Dumb Question
    In message #13
    You said,
    "I tried Stimulators,Patriot,few hits." What is a partriot? I looked it up in my fly book and couldn't find it.

brian

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I saw the pattern in a old fly fishing magazine and I tried to tie one.But with my tying it serves me better to buy them. It has a red and blue body,I think it has calf tail wings, with brown hackle..
    I just did a search in some other sites but came up with a blank. I have a scanner but I'm to dumb to hook it up. If I had it hooked up I could at least show it to you. I think that I bought it at Outdoor Emporium but I'm not sure about that either. When you get older the first thing that goes is your memory,but I forgot what the second thing is.

I'll do one more search before I close down for the night and will let you know what come of it.

It looks something like a royal wulff. But different.

Jim

P/S I found a picture and directions on how to tie and fish it.

www.charlesmeck.com/
    I think that this fly was first tied in New Zeland and it found it's way over here. Also the one that I have does not have that much hackle. I found it by going to yahoo and typing the word Patroit fly and this and a few others came up.

Jim :pROFESSOR

No that's not it. I found it last night,but now I can't find it. But I keep looking. Jim

9. Cutthroat_Fight

Thanks :) I will do a few web searches also and see if i can find it.

10. Cutthroat_Fight

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

That's the same fly that I have in my box. I had this same spot last night,but when I tried to get back on it kept saying not on the web or URL. Good hunting.

Jim :COOK