NFR: 58,000 ballots missing in Florida

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by miyawaki, Oct 27, 2004.

1. aaron j

aaron j Member

"We got a sayin' out heer in Texass...fool me once, shame on me. Fool me agin, uh, I ain't capable of bein' fooled, or uh...y'all know what I mean!"

That's all the mudslinging I'm going to do. I'll just be glad when all the b@&*$%!t is over and hope the right person will be elected so we can get our country and the world on the right track. I am so tired of all the political rhetoric I could just puke. Can't we all just get along and go fishing?

Happiness is a tight line...and a clear choice.

2. TomB

TomB Active Member

i dont give a damn whose fault it is....it is not acceptable...maybe we need an independent federal or international administrator of elections. I REFUSE to have the Supreme Court select my president again.
    -Thomas

3. Denny Wagenman

Denny Wagenman Active Member

It is to bad that politics has to be discussed in this site.

4. Kalm

Kalm Member

I'd have to agree with George Carlin when he described Bush as an awkward combination of Ivy League elitist and the great american cowboy myth - neither of which he pulls off with any credibility.

And I am glad to see a little politics being discussed again on my favorite site. I was beginning to think you guys had all gone soft on me. My one admonition would be to not take anyone's opinions too seriously - especially your own!

As for those who complain about this topic being inapproriate, the label NFR and tag line should have frightened you away. Could you not contain your voyeuristic tendencies, and just had to keep reading anyway? DON'T READ NFR POSTS!

5. Philster

Philster Active Member

I'm not taking either side other than to say that the only solution to all this is opposed to death by the Dems. NATIONAL PHOTO IDENTITY CARD with so called BIO-METRICS!!!! You want to vote, go to school, get a drivers license, get first tier medical attention (even bad county run emergency room care is first tier compared to lots of other places I've been in the world), get a student loan, buy a gun? No problem. Let's see the card. Don't have a card? Get one. Can't get one? Well then we have a problem which goes beyond you not having a card sparky! And for those who think this is harsh, draconian, evil right wing conspiracy stuff, grow up. You go in with some paper, get your picture took, get anally probed, it's over and you have your card. Does anyone complain about their social security number. What!!! The government thinks of me as a number, and tracks my financial and work history!!! AAAAAAAAAGH! The brown shirts are here!!!!!!!

In this day and age of identify theft, illegal immigration, terrorism, etc., i'd like someone to tell me how proving who you are before you are allowed to play the game is eroding your civil rights. Cripes, we're going to be flying naked soon and the only carry on allowed is what you're going to be able attach to your nipple rings... And those nipple rings bette be plastic or you'll have to leave them at the gate! Those without nipples are already preparing their lawsuits I understand... ;)

6. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Home Page:
    ironic how this post started pertaining towards the ballots missing.....then all the bla bla bla about politics and people bashing begins. :beathead:

Just remember there are other candidates running for the presidency

7. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Home Page:
    This is why i don't like politics and certainly avoid talking about them. If there is one thing that will get people worked up it's this subject. :(

8. creekx

creekx spent spinner

Bob, 60%+ of absentee voters are Republicans

So, if you're looking for a conspiracy here, you've got it completely backwards.

9. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

Just for clarification: I made no comment about absentee ballots-that was Leland.

When I say the Supreme Court is Bush loaded, I don't mean that he appointed the court but rather that other Republicans did. It is definitely a Republican court. Do a little research here.

Bob, the I love the occassional NFR post.

10. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Creekx, beware of how you interpret "statistics." That 60% you refer to may pertain to the average, nationwide. It may have little to do with the actual percentages in any particular county, such as Broward.

"There are three kinds of lies, and in increasing order of perniciousness, they are: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Politicians of any and all persuasions are always gonna be liars and cheats, no matter what kind of polished media image they try to portray. After all, they are human beings. But I still vote for whichever of the two front-runners that I can determine has the most respect for Mother Earth and will do the least harm to the environment. It always seems to boil down to a two-ring circus with a clown in the center of each ring.

Damn! Its drizzling here on the coast and I was hoping to mow lawns. Guess I'll just have to give up on that and go fishing!

Jimbo

11. Bob Martin

Bob Martin Member

Would Bush be willing to sacrifice the lives of his own daughters for the cause of nation building in Iraq? I wonder.
    I believe that the war with Iraq will go down in history as one of the biggest blunders that our country has ever made in foreign policy.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well Jim. I was going to go fishing this morning but where I was going to go.........Well I think those waters are Barren also bawling: so I think that I will just stay home and think about it. But it isn't raining here yet.

Another Jim

13. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Unfortunately, we have begun a war with no end. We are spawning new insurgents and terrorist recruits every day. Our children and their children's children will never know a day of peace. Every President will be a wartime president. Sooner or later, in coming elections, we will be looking more at domestic policies while accepting that the war on terrorists is a given and is being conducted almost as a matter of course.

Leland.

14. sjterry

sjterry Sr. Lurker

Jimbo[/QUOTE]

I like this Mark Twain guy. I'm voting for him. I have to admit that I am a swing vote fool. I go back and forth on this more than Kerry and I'm as uneducated about the issues as Bush. :beathead:

I appreciate the political forums on this site as long as the NFR is use, which is was here. My fly rod points to Kerry my gun points at Bush (not really at him but for him) I dislike the double speak and wish Lieberman or Gore was here to save us this time. When it comes right down to it I think both Kerry and Bush are out of touch, died in the wool Ivy League Blue Bloods with nothing better to do than (Like Brain from Pinky and the Brain) try and take over the world.

Nobody has given me a good reason why healthcare is becoming unaffordable yet the doctors say they cant afford to practice. Nobody has actually articulated a plan to get us out of Iraq (probably because there isn't a good one), Nobody has given me a good reason why our tax code can't be gutted and rewritten (likely because neither wants to tax the hell out of the really big money people) and Nobody has convinced me that they would do a better job than what is being done now. I don't like either of them and wasting a vote on anyone else is a waste. So I join the ranks of the great undecided voter leaning left, against my nature a little, and read and watch. :confused:

15. creekx

creekx spent spinner

Your use of the word "we" is very telling and at the same time disturbing. Take a deep breath.