(NFR) Ditching the old Girlfriend. Picked up a new one.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by MacRowdy, Jan 21, 2004.

1. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Home Page:
    Babs! You are killing me!! So that is what you were doing over there in the dark that night!? I should have known. Don't worry, she doesn't mind spreading the love. (obviously!)

MAC

2. mile2885

mile2885 Member

I can tell you right now thay you'll be better off ditching those oversize shackles. I bet it handles pretty bad. If you have any cruiser questions give me a holler. I know em inside out and backwards.

3. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Home Page:
    Now we're talking. I'll be picking your brain for sure!!!!

Thanks!

MAC

4. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Gotta agree Mac. I had oversized springs on my FJ and they only served to take any articulation out of the suspension and with the racing seats search to jar my back. I didn't return to the stockers but spent a lot on some custom springs that were in fact great, but I'm still unsure if the stockers wouldn't have been just as good. mile2885, have you ever tried the Old Man Emu springs?

Chris

http://www.off-road.com/tlc/readers_rigs/chrisscoones.jpg

5. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Me? 162,000- stock baby! FJ62 tho- the wagon. The sixer ain't much to write home for, but she is gold for 20mpg highway easy riding (compared to the FJ60 steering contest hwy ride). Never had a problem going anywhere I wanted to go, with room for mega gear and 3 friends. Keep it stock and rock! :)

6. mile2885

mile2885 Member

I have heard great things about OME spring but never tried them. I had the 4" skyjacker springs with extended shackles. Extend shackles are ok in the rear but have no business in the front. The best money I spent on her was the shackle reversal kit and dropped pitman arm. They are tough rigs...except for the stock transfer case but that’s another story. Still kick myself for selling it.:beathead I have been thinking about buying another cruiser...I mean project but don't have the space to work on it right now.
    Chris