NFR Looking for a hitch mount bike rack

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Curtis, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curtis

Curtis New Member

I am currently looking for a hitch mount bike rack, preferably for 4 mountain bikes.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Curtis

2. YAKIMA

YAKIMA AKA: Gregory Mine

I have one that I really don't use. I only used it to bring a bike home and than it has done nothing more than sit in the attic eaves. Damn if I can't remember what model it is, but it is a Yakima brand and does hold four bikes. One of those stupid expensive impulse purchases that I still scratch my head over. Its in all reality brand new, If interested, I'll see if I can figure out what model it is and let you know...

Greg

3. Curtis

Curtis New Member

That would be great! How much would you want for it?

4. YAKIMA

I HAVE NO IDEA. I KNOW IT WAS EXPENSIVE. I THINK IT IS A RACK 4? IT IS A FEW YEARS OLD... I HAVE TO GO TO MY PARENTS HOUSE ON SUNDAY, I'M LEAVING FOR IDAHO TO FISH THE SOUTH FORK OF THE SNAKE TOMORROW UNTIL SATURDAY, BUT I'LL GO CHECK IT OUT SUNDAY... LOOK AROUND AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL ITS WORTH. WE'LL MAKE IT FAIR FOR BOTH OF US...

5. Coho

Coho Member

Hey Yakima:

I would be interested too, if Young & Eager does not want it.

Four children with bikes at home - needs a rack for them!

Coho

6. TinyBigs

TinyBigs New Member

I have a 3 year old BVG Evolution hitch mount bike rack for sale. New it was $180.00. I never use it and am selling it for $60.00. It is in great shape with only a few small scratches. It still has the original users manual. It holds two bikes, but you can buy a 2 bike adapter so that it can hold 4 bikes.

I can e-mail pics if desired. If interested e-mail me at bmansfield@gmail.com.

7. TinyBigs

TinyBigs New Member

I forgot, it fits a 1 1/4" hitch. It is not the 2" hitch version and i'm in the Seattle area.

8. YAKIMA

STILL HAVENT GOTTEN TO MY PARENTS HOUSE TO CHECK IT OUT. WORK HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY. I WOULD CALL OVER TO MY DAD AND HAVE HIM LOOK IT OVER, BUT THEY ARE FISHING IN CANADA RIGHT NOW SO I HAVE TO GET OVER THERE MYSELF. I'M TRYING GUYS, I REALLY AM...

GREG

9. YAKIMA

Okay, after finally getting over to my mom and dads and remembered to look at the bike rack, it is indeed a 4 bike set up. It is a yakima, and I looked all over for a model, but couldn't find one. I think it was a rack 4. It's been used twice and just taking up space. I know it was well more than a couple hundred dollars but willing to take offers if anyone is still interested. It has the capability to lower(pivot) from the hitch to get into the vehicle without having to take it out of the hitch all together

Hope this helps.
    Greg

10. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Picked one up from tinybigs, thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.