NFR: No Solution, just dead kids...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Go Fish, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loganmike

loganmike Member

Hell does have a placed reserved for these sick fucks. I only wish we could get them there faster. I have a three year old son and sat in front of the computer and cried, just cried, and then felt sick.

In regards to Gun control. Our house has firearms, to hunt with. The right to have those arms is a right. The right to have an automatic weapon that is used in the times of war is not a "right". SOmething like this happened in England several years ago, says a colleague. Parliment, the next day, outlawed automatic weapons. England hasn't had it happen since. Coincidence. No god damn way!

SHit like this does happen all over the world, especially in war time countries. However, for a country not in current civil war, it happens a hell of a lot here.

2. ribka

ribka Active Member

How many of the older guys like me remember when many rural HS school parking lots had trucks with a gun rack in the back window with 2 or 3 firearms? My HS was like that in rural Wisconsin. During show and tell in grade school many brought their fathers' deer rifle to class to talk about it. Not one firearms related incident for over 50 years.

Of course now cannot walk with 500 ft of a school with a nail clippers in your packet for fear of being arrested.

Quite a few on here will immediately jump on with their anti 2nd amendment virtriol and pimp their agenda and not even consider the real issues in society.

Maybe after banning frearms look to start banning knives too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/14/chinese-children-knife-primary-school

3. ribka

ribka Active Member

What's an automatic weapon? You mean like a browning or remington auto shotgun?

4. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Sadly, our fellow Americans in the NRA and the GOP will insist that tragedies like this are the sole result of 'nut jobs' and that in the end, such killings are a small price to pay for our constitutional right to bear arms.

K

5. loganmike

loganmike Member

Those are semi automatic weapons, that you need to pull the trigger each time to release a shell filled with lead pellets, that can possible kill someone.

An automatic assault (shoulda put that word in there in the first place) is one in which the trigger is pulled and bullets continually are relased at an extremely rapid rate with the intent to kill.

Banning knives? I got the tongue in cheek there. I was logically voicing an opinion after a horrific event, and even gave an example of how a resolution worked for another country for the most part. And, you, you come on with a dumb ass comment about banning knives. I have a choice phrase for comments such as those in regards to times like these, but it is not tongue in cheek!

6. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

I'm going to go home tonight and hug my three year old grandson, and cry for those poor little lost lives.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  7. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

You do realize automatic weapons are already illegal right? These so called "assault" weapons you speak of are semi-automatic.

8. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I for once agree with one of your posts! One thing to keep in mind is that back in these times (until the Reagan years) mental health was taken very seriously, and the government provided care and treatment for these types of people. Nowadays, the mentally ill have nowhere to go. Mental health is the first thing on the chopping block when budgets are slashed. Perhaps we should reconsider this tactic.

9. loganmike

loganmike Member

Thank you for the clarification!

10. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Prayers said and will continue.

11. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Those are already illegal in CT and NJ too (semi-auto long guns ex: .223 AR-15). As were the two 9mm s that fuckhole had.

12. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Heartbreaking.

13. 2506

2506 Active Member

Agreed. And the new ACA, sadly, does nothing to improve the current sorry state of mental health.

14. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

As a teacher at an elementary school who also serves on the safety committee of our school, these things particularly hit home for me. Because of it and my tendency to struggle with an overemphasized sense of empathy I need to back away from these moments in an almost callous way. I can't for a second allow myself to compare these children and teachers to my own students and colleagues. That creates far too powerful and image. Instead I will once again use this as another example of why teaching children powerful coping mechanisms is so important. But regardless of mental health improvement or gun control or better yet bullet control (are the bullets for these things also illegal?) these things will continue to happen now and then. Response then becomes of the utmost importance.

Take care of yourselves folks and help your kids to be happy but not coddled, there is a line there that is healthy.

Good luck and I wish you all well. I will be fishing tomorrow...

Patrick Gould and triploidjunkie like this.
  15. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

How many of the older guys like me remember when many rural HS school parking lots had trucks with a gun rack in the back window with 2 or 3 firearms? My HS was like that in rural Wisconsin. During show and tell in grade school many brought their fathers' deer rifle to class to talk about it. Not one firearms related incident for over 50 years.

I'm one of the older guys that remembers that. I grew up in NE Oregon. All the boys in school also carried a pocket knife... usually a Cub Scout pocket knife.

BTW: I'm also a gun owner and they are part of my heritage but I can go either way when it comes to restricting assault weapons. However, the guy at the grade school was using handguns and not an assault rifle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.