(NFR) Seahawks again

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rory McMahon, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

well there doing pretty good

2. trout stalker

trout stalker member

NFR Seahawks again

they still have a chance to make it to the playoffs actually

3. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

the vikings are being very efficient with there offense under brad johnson, despite the help of a consistent runningback. They are consistent. Brad Johnson is an experienced quarterback who knows how to not screw up. The other teams that are fisghting for the last playoff spot are the cowboys and falcons, and possibly the buccaneers. Falcons are out, there unbalanced attack has caught up with them throughout the season and michael vick doesn't show that he can be both a good thrower and runner in the same game. I have the falcons going 8-8 and not making the playoffs. The cowboys have a good defense and a decent passing attack. Drew Bledsoe is starting to show his age and seems like he just doesn't have what it takes to bring the team to the super bowl. If julius jones could live up to expectations, they could be a scary team. But bledsoe cant carry the whole load. I do have the cowboys winning out the rest of the season and making the playoffs. The bucs have a tough schedule, they have a good defense and a new quarterback that has shown something. Carnell Williams is a inconsistent back, had outstanding numbers at the start of the season and hasn't been good ever since. He has the potential but just doesn't translate that into good numbers. Because of there schedule i have them not making the playoffs. The vikings have to win out or lose one of there games to get into the playoffs. I think they can do this despite there schedule which i think has 2 hard games. So bottomline, the vikings have a very good chance of making the final playoff spot which means they will go up against chicago or carolina, i dont think they have a chance against those teams and will get knocked out first or second round.

4. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

trout990...are you sure you don't want to go to nfl.com or seahawk.com....this isn't really the place for NFL analysis...or maybe your lonely....Send you up north and maybe Monk will have his velcro's on.

5. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

just commenting on the vikings and why there making the playoffs. And dont worry, the off-season will be over in march. Then ill actually have meaningful stuff to talk about, like fishing. And im sure some people dont hate reading my analysis on the nfc playoff picture;) And another thing, the huskies are doing pretty well and and march madness will be comming soon.:rofl: Anyways, if you dont wanna read something that isn't fishing related dont. I put NFR.

6. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

AFFN (all fly fisher notice)....If you see trout990 on a lake....sink him....unless you like visiting this site for sports, play-off predictions, fantasy teams, contracts, salary cap, arena and stadium deals/contracts, post seaon stats vs. regular season, coaches on the hot seat, coaches on the rise, mariner acquisitions, and team analysis because trout990 as an opinion on it all........(JK)...In honesty I visit others sites for my football/baseball etc. fill...this is a break from my life's pressures (if you want to call them)....Trout990 ...I have a feeling you don't know one thing about football....what is Cover2 Man Under?...What is pass protection with G/RB weak inside/out read option. and when you run a weakside G/RB inside/out scheme who is hot on the strong side and what is the dual read between QB and that hot? Is it Y or Z ...and what is the route? Basic Knowledge football 101? And then the locker room....T.O. ...good ridance. Please I take it elsewhere...so can you. But then again how did fruitcake get on this board?

7. prosopium

prosopium Member

NFR Seahawks again

Trout990 thanks for putting posts up like this. I know its a "fishing" website but really how much can you talk about fishing, i know i get tired of talking and hearing about it all the time. Im looking forward to a post on the Dawgs hoop team. Anyway i thought this post was about the Hawks, not the vikings a team that hasnt beat a team with more than four wins besides the Giants. I wanted to correct you and tell you that the Viks will not make the playoffs this year. I see them losing to the steelers, rams and bears. Just my predictions and in most cases they are wrong except for on Monday when i predicted the Hawks would be up by at least 28 at the half. I hope my predictions for the Hawks playoff outlooks go as well as that one.

8. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

Thank you, i knew someone appreciates me post.

9. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

Your right, i dont play football, i dont know most of what you were talking about but i still know somethings about football, enough to have opinions. And there is no rule against posting my opinions on non fishing related topics as long as i put NFR. Unless there is some unspoken, unwritten code that everybody is supposed to secretly follow. :ray1:

10. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

In a way I want to strangle you...but remember..... is what I try to tell myself...people have opinions without the knowledge of what is going on....like you. Opinions without knowledge is? exactly. Oh well you are right I don't have to read them....can you answer this...How did fruitcake get on this board?

11. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

NFR Seahawks again

geez porter, lay off! if you don't want to talk about football then don't click on the freaking post! don't tell us you read all the others! :p

12. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

ok your right, i dont know every little play configuration and audibles and all that but i do know about football. So to say these are opinions without knowledge is just false assumptions. And if i didn't know about football. What better way to learn than to talk about it. Thats what Socretes said, just not about football.

13. Porter

Porter Active Member

NFR Seahawks again

Tony...no I don't ...but football has a place in my heart...since I played it for 17 years. T990....go ahead...dribble on.....like I said ......How did fruitcake make its way? I just hate it when people blame Qb's for a bad pass when it might be a receivers fault...protections fault....so many variables and if you dont really know....your opinion is mut. An offensive linemans call can be blamed for an interception.....A RB being stuffed can be his fault or his own fault...option block...inside/outside read he takes the dive inside when he should have taken outside.......that's why they have IQ quizes (and put a lot of value into them) and this regards draft picks too. Studs stupid is disaster....wannabe's with knowledge are hard to beat.

OK you have lined up in a slot formation...basically four receivers ....two to each side with a RB behind QB. The two receivers one each side run combo routes......if the defense shows a man cover or 1 over cover the QB is going to one side (A side) if they show up in two safety set or a version of it the QB will go to B side. (and from each side will be an individual read perhaps a corner....drops back to far hit the under route....if tight hit the deep corner route)....this **** goes on and on...but most dont have a clue......It would be like fly fishing with four partners and if one screwed up...well...no fish then....OK I'm done.....just know I know the game better than the lay-man...by playing and coaching...and hate opinions!

14. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

well i understand where your comming form and i had a feeling you used to play football, quarterback? I do understand football more than you think. I understand that you cant blame it on the obvious choice always. I know the importance of smart players and how one small mistake with running the wrong route or a tight end blowing there blocking assignment or even runningback running to far in the backfield on a flat route. I dont know near as much as you but i do know somethings so please respect my opoinions or atleast keep quiet about them.

15. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    NFR Seahawks again

easy duz it porter, 990 will probably find a sports forum where he can get better feed back and not get flamed soon enough. Nice job picking a fight with a 15 year old, high five.