NFR Steelers Praise 12th Man.....The Refs!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by David Prutsman, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curtis

Curtis New Member

The steelers had what, one call against them?? Sumin aint right.

2. Jake Smulkowski

Jake Smulkowski Throwing hoppers into baetis falls

Home Page:
    The officiating was what it was. IMHO, the QB draw touchdown was a good call, even though I've been a Seahawks fan for the past 26 years. The video evidence was not indisputable. Those boys played hard all season and should not be embarassed with what they did tonight. It was a great season. I'm proud of those boys.

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

I'm a hawks fan, and ya I agree with the crappy officiating, and think the Hawks are a better team, but they- themselves lost the game. Many blown opportunities- oh well.bawling:

4. inland

inland Active Member

Did the refs make Hassleback throw that pick? Did the refs make you miss two FG's? Did the refs allow Willie to get away with that TD run? Did the refs cheat by allowing Wards dagger TD catch? Did the refs cheat and just give those 1st downs to the Peelers to close the deal? Blah blah blah.

You lost.

And yes the Stones were rediculously lousy.

William

5. tyler

tyler Member

Whatta Jip!

6. herl

herl Member

A load of crap.

7. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Home Page:
    Steelers praise 12th man.....the refs!

isn't that the truth

8. Porter

Porter Active Member

Championship teams find a way....We are not there yet. :( :( :(

9. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

The refs!?! People want to blame it on the refs!??? Not clock management, or Holmgren insisting on making lousy play calls, or the league MVP doing absolutely nothing, no, just the refs. Maybe if the seahawks played as well as everyone in the Northwest said they would have played, a few close calls wouldn't have made a difference. Which, I was watching the same TV and there didn't look like any blown calls to me.

And I have to give it up to Rothleisberger, that guy is one cool cucumber.

10. Warren Perry

Warren Perry Grizzly 6

You make the call

11. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

According to the rule book,:ray1: any part of the ball needs to make it into the white of the goal line. So if 1/1000 of the ball crosses 1/1000 of the goalline its a TD.:ray1: For a replay overturn, there needs to be conclusive evidence that it did not happen, its not a review to double check that it did. By those rules I hate to say it was a TD.

The upside the NFC west still sucks and the Hawks have a chance next season.

12. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

After all his trash talk before the game, how many times did Stevens drop the ball? That guy did everything he could to lose the game.

13. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

IMO, i think Locklear, should keep his holding and choking off the field, that 2 yard line, holding/do-over, i think cost us, we gave up a T.D. and in return gave them one. i have to admit, that last stealer T.D. was Beautiful. The controversial stealer t.d, IMO, was good, the ball clearly crossed over, while in the air, then was retracted when he fell, and then he tried to sneak it foward again. but he didnt have too.
    A great game. GJ Hawks.

14. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

To quote Steve Young

I wished the refs influenced the game a little less....

I'm the usually last to say that the ref's change the outcome of a game, but there really were some silly calls that didn't make sense. In this case, I am a bit PO'd.

More than anything else, I really don't understand the call against Jax on the offensive pass interference. In the letter of the rule, he pushed off. In the spirit of the rule, he didn't gain jack crap for an advantage, hence it wasn't pass interference. I've been pushed harder when posted up playing *basketball* and never considered it to even be remotely close to a foul.

While I don't think that the refs had it in for Seattle, the way the calls did go had a strong influence on the outcome.

Would Seattle have won? Who knows, but I *do* know that the way the game was called removed the outcome from the abilities of the players.

-- Cheers
    -- James

15. inland

inland Active Member

In the letter of the rule then it's OPI. No TD. Basketball is about the most inconsistantly ref'd game around. Bad comparison.

You lost. Keep a crying and makin 'scuses for not gettin it done. It's actually quite entertaining because there isn't a thing you can do about it 'cept whine. Objective fans know that nothing funky went on. Homers can't accept reality.

If...if...if...what if??? You lost.

William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.