NFR Steelers Praise 12th Man.....The Refs!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by David Prutsman, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

agree... i wish i could put the madden mute on during the televised games like you can on his video games... madden always states the most obivious stuff... "the team that scores the most points... wins the game" "the team that plays the best defense gives up the fewest points" he is a joke!

2. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

its not just hawks fans... im a very unbias football fan in general.. read the national newpapers.. read espn.com any sports page is questioning this whole game... its a joke! who wants to win a WWNFL championship????

3. Jim Jones

Jim Jones flytosser

I think you will begin to see an upswelling of sports writers that will agree with those of us bemoaning the refs performance. It always sounds like whining when the losing team does it, but if everybody does it (except those in PA) there is at least a shred of truth to it. There have been quite a few stories written by unbiased sports writers like the one below, including an post game analysis on ESPN Sunday night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

Jim Jones

4. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Guys.... come one. It's in the newspapers only because its fodder for those losers to write about. Sportswriters are the worst, and if you believe what they say, I've got a bridge to sell you. They just want to throw stuff out there to hear themselves talk. They're just like politicians.
    Believe what you want about he game, based on what you saw, but don't use sportswriters as the reasoning for your argument.

5. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

oh trust me im not basing my opinion on what the sportswriters are saying..ive watched probably 4-5 football games every weekend since the end of august(college and pro) this year..and its by far the worst officiated game ive seen this year... let alone probably the last 5 years... that Big ben touch down reminded of vinnie testaverde and the jets vs the sea hawks a few years ago... how many times do we need to tell the officials a helmet crossing the goal line doesnt make it a touch down... and its not even necessarily the calls that the officals made..its like they waited to make them..that official didnt see a touch down til big ben put the ball across the line well after he was down... and then the replay proved to me..there was no touch down at all... or the DJack touch down.. the official looked at the defender complaining then threw the flag... like he didnt know what to do? come on guys you are professional officials ..look professional on the field!

6. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

I have just a couple issues with the way the game was called, as a hawks fan...

1. D Jack;s TD... ticky tack penalty... If you watch the replay there was contact, but very little... Not enough to make a difference in the outcome of the play. If the ref saw P.I. then fine, but he had to base that solely on the extended arm.
    2. Ben;s "TD"... whether he was in or not, is not the issue in my mind. Why did the official run in to mark the ball with a hand pointing at the grounf and then raise his arms for a TD. It was too close to over turn, but i dont agree with the way it was handled.
    3. Lack of holding calls on the steelers. Like madden says, there is holding on every play if you want to call it. There were a couple plays where it sure looked to me like someone was held, but no call. Thats fine, but when you are going to call locklear for a hold on a huge play and marginal hold, it sure better go both ways.
    4. I hear a lot of steelers give the Hasselbeck fumble as an example of an evening of the calls... he was down by contact. how are you going to argue that? touched and then the ground caused the fumble...
    5. One call that really got me was the hasselbeck illegal block call. He is trying to make a tackle, and did so. i really want to know how many times some defensive player dove at a ball carrier, hit a blocker and got called for that penalty this year. THEN on the TD pass to Ward, it sure looked to me like Roethlisberger, or however you spell his name, went for a low block on someone... I only got to see it once and dont have a TV at home, but thats what it looked like to me. There was no call obviously so maybe i just missed something.

I thought the Hawks shot themselves in the foot a couple times, and despite the officials they had a chance to win the game. A couple 50+ yard field goals, and Jerramy Stevens with some stick um on his hands and we have a little better ball game...

While i wont go as far as saying there was a conspiracy or the officials were paid off, i will say that i have played enough high level sports to know a bias when i see one. And what i saw yesterday was not an evenly called game. Almost as bad as the time we got homered in Tulane, but i digress.

Congrats to the steelers. You got your one for the thumb, but the best team didnt win yesterday. The team that had 3 big plays and none called back won this game.
    I will still take the Hawks in that match up 9 out of 10 times. They gave up 3 big plays, while getting bent over, and still made a game of it.

7. JimT

JimT New Member

I Tivo'd the game (thank God) and fished the Skagit. Didn't hook anything but at least I didn't have to watch that East coast biase live.

8. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I feel the same way about Madden. When ever he starts to talk I turn the volume down. I can't stand him. And on another note,a Sehawk fan wanted to buy a Seahawk towel at the gate or out front but all they had to sell was the Yellow one's. The vendor said sorry but all he was allowed to sell was the Steelers one's. That accounts for all the yellow towels in the stands. So I guess that it was the Steelers game because it, like everything was stacked that way.

Jim

10. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Couldn't resist posting this.

K

11. Desmond Wiles

Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Good one Kent!

Is that Steelers or Stealers? Sorry, I couldn't resist as well.

12. motroutbum

motroutbum New Member

Home Page:
    The TERRIBLE TOWEL was the originated by the Steelers fans and was the first one.....everyone else just copied off of it!

13. Desmond Wiles

Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

and the funny thing is they're actually PROUD of it :rofl: :rofl:

14. motroutbum

motroutbum New Member

Home Page:
    so what if we are proud of it. i have one and im proud of it.

15. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

kent, that was very good. i sent the pic to everybody i could. i agree that the hawks got bent over. mike w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.