NFR: The state of the forum

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Allison, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trent

Trent Ugly member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That is a good one, coming from someone who is to scared to put their name up there:rofl::rofl: You misread what I was stating dude:thumb:

2. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

:rolleyes:Nice job making my point for me, guys.

3. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

I just thought Tim's post was well thought out, creative and funny as all get out. I was more less just letting on that I got the joke. (The co-ordinates are for Pikes Market in Seattle and I was pointing to the irony that you can buy wild Steelhead there while we can't find them in our own rivers).

As for a lot of what is posted on the forum, well it just sounds like another day on the river, lake, boat or bar where fishermen gather. As for Allison's sentiments regarding the forum, I imagine if she or any other lady were to come along on the river, lake, boat or walk into the bar where we fishermen were gathered, we would take stock of present company and adjust our language and attitudes accordingly.

The problem with the internet is that we can't see who just walked into the room. Sorry Allison.

One more thing, I would venture to guess that some of the more vocal participants here within would have the good sense to size up the patrons at the aforementioned bar and embrace the wisdom of just picking up a 12 pack at the local convenience store and keep moving. Discretion being the better part of valor, and all.

4. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

It's not about the forum being too dudely--it's a fly fishing forum, I'd expect nothing less.

It's the blowhards that are in love with the sound of their own voices that grates, yo. If you don't have anything to add, THINK ABOUT NOT ADDING.

(or Chris how about an ignore user function? If I got rid of just a couple of these, er, posters, the forum would be considerably more readable.)

5. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Allison,

1) Navigate to User CP -> Edit Ignore List
    2) Then add the User's name to that list.

Regards,
    Chris

6. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

right on, forum looks better already.

7. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

Geez... if relationships in the real world were just that easy to manage I could use it on my wife and get a lot more fishing in.:D

8. Michael Thompson

Michael Thompson the flavor of BADFISH

Home Page:
    shit is no laughing matter!

9. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

See what I mean! This is awesome! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Very cool feature Chris, you have it all here. Any way to tell how many users put me on their Ignored list? Just kidding, but I'm sure I'll be on some. I'm trying to evolve into a better user, I'm just a slow learner.

11. doug rose

doug rose Member

Allison--Thanks for the voicing what I--and I'm sure many other members--have been thinking for a long time. The only thing I would change in your last post is that perhaps "boys" may be more accurate than "guys." I hope you hang in here. As for "Haunted by Waters, I know him. He is an excellent fly fisherman, and I'm sure that most of the serious steelhead fly fishers on the site know who is. He is also pretty big, so I doubt that fear is the reason he doesn't use his legal name. Maybe he was trying to communicate something about his feelings about our sport. www.dougroseflyfishing.com

12. ReelFlyBro

ReelFlyBro Team Short Bus

to me this thread is beggin for attention. Notice the 'I say' part. just callin it as I see it. oh, and by the way. got my flame suit on as well.
    :beathead:

13. sothereiwas

sothereiwas Member

I like the fact that this forum is moderated in the manor it is. Deal with problems in a private. As soon as you make strict blanket rules this site will turn into ifish in a matter of months.

The problem with our society is that no one can deal with being offended anymore. They want their own personal edited reality and in tern feel the need to push there warped idea of how things should be on everyone else. There are a few people on here that annoy the crap out of me but adding them to ignore list really takes away from the full context that makes up many threads. If you want an overmoderated fly fishing site with daily tea time and imoticons that give hugs and pats on the back then start your own. You probably wont have much content to edit.

Thanks guys its the best fly fishing site on the web.

Brad

14. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Allison,
    Please add me to your ignore list.
    Thanks

15. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

Thanks for making me laugh Brian.

David:):):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.