(NFR) time to put the hummer in the garage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ibn, Sep 14, 2004.

1. ~B

~B Tightline

Duck Fat

Patrick,
    Duck Fat... Switch the first two letters...

~B

p.s... I had to create an "at the girlfriends house" account since I couldn't remember my password to my tighline account... my email is set up at the office, so I couldn't get to it... so in short ~B is me, B, aka tightline.

:thumb:

2. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Home Page:

i new dat...just playn witch ya my passwod forgetin frend

3. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    FFb, u will be able to pass under that truck with no problem. If i ever saw that thing on the road without a full load and a huge trailer, i would flag down the person driving. Then i would pull out my ladder and climb to the door, and open it. I would slap the person driving it. The calmly ask, why did u buy this, and walk away calmly. On secound thought, i bet a fair amount of people driving those things are packing a 12 gauge....

4. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Hmmmmm, depends on the gross tonage on that thing, doubt you'll need a CDL. Our big trucks at work (pretty similar chassis to this one) don't require a CDL, since they are under 26,000 gross. Think it's the gross weight capacity with trailer that'll screw you. But if you only use like this w/o trailer rating, should be fine. Looks like it's modified with a bed, so probably well under the 26000 limit JUST for that reason above. This way anyone can drive them (not saying they should, but can).

To tell you the truth, I drive big trucks for a living in "tight driving" conditions. Not open road ones like big rigs. I'm scared enough watching the soccer moms and the likes driving these huge rigs (can you say BACK FIRST into a parking spot, not nose.......SHEESH).

But these have "sorta" been out already. They've had these as fancy 5th wheel haulers for awhile now. Just not with the bed in it. Just had 5th wheel hitch in back.

5. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

"Done, it will be here in 2 weeks......wait for it......."

Our equipment manager's reply to my request for one of these trucks.

7. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    I feel that these things are irresponsible. :mad:

8. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Buy, buy, buy...

My Gawd, don't we have better things to piss away money on? It blows my mind that we have such brilliant minds to design and build such things that are little more that status symbols. There is nothing practical about this truck at all. Can you image your neighbor firing this big P.O.S up about O'dark thirty in the morning to go to work????
    We can't afford health care for all, but we can put this on the market... :beathead:

9. Kalm

Kalm Member

Wouldn't the implant surgery be more affordable?

10. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Personallly I feel if you got the cash and the itch for one of these things then go get one. I wouldn't spend my money on one even if I had it but if you got it flaunt it.

11. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

One more luxury item targeted at people who can't afford it but will buy anyway to be better than their neighbors. When the US economy finally reaches it's maximun lending point, it's gonna be ugly. It's pretty scary that our first world status has reached a point where we rely entirely on debt to sustain it.

12. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Those trucks have a long way to go to be one of the top dog expedition vehicles...

http://www.maximog.com

13. Curtis

Curtis New Member

holy !!!!!

Chris those things are badass! I am a virgin maximogger. Good Gawd!!

14. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Home Page:
    Oooh I need a couple of those :)

15. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

We gotta get biodiesel available. When (not if) it does become available- we better put our money behind USA made fuel. Choose USA made fuel, clean burning, max MPG. Or choose gas and write a check to Al Queso. How many kids need to die in the sand, how many trade centers need to go down, before we figure out we got all we need right here at home? We need to get off the JUNK! "Election" don't mean shit. Make a day-to-day choice to starve the terrorists and the MULtiCorps that have enabled them- support USA biofuels. If McCarthy was alive, he'd have those treasonous big SUV commuters on trial as anti-american (and history would prove him correct to do so). Big gas consumption equals DEAD AMERICANS. It doesn't take any imagination to see this as the fact. F*uck the shieks. Biodiesel is for USA jobs, clean USA air, USA technology. Purchase a diesel vehicle and run biodiesel fuel, and you cut off the terrorists. Simple as that.