nfr: Top 10 'guy' flicks.

Christian Bale will never be more manly than Christopher Walken or Gary Busey :ray1:
Christoper Walken, definitely not. That reminds me of 'King of New York'....great walken flick.
Gary Busey is more crazy that tough. Doesn't seem to have the ability to be calculating. Likeable, but a B rate actor. THe peak of his career was the first Lethal Weapon.
Bale isn't there yet. But he does have the ability to look mean and violent, something most have lost in the last couple of decades. Hopefully he'll get anotheer role like American Psycho where he puts the smack down.

Philster

Tragically folks didn't follow my lead and include quotes:( But has there been a better one than Duke saying "Fill your hands you Sonsabitches!!!!" I think not... Maybe the chick talking smack about the chicken and dumplings, comes close, but it's too long to truly be a classic line :p Plus Glenn Campbell dies! 10 is too short a list:mad:

Tracker

Tombstone: "You tell em I'm coming and hells coming with me"
The Mountain Men: "You can go in dogshit dingleballs, I've had about enought out of you"
Jaws: The entire Indianapolis scene
Enemy at the gates: Papa Kulikov's death....no I'm not related.
Master and Commander: "Lessor of two weavels"
Conan: "Ah yes, the riddle of steel, you know it don't you boy."
Full Metal Jacket: Bleep bleep you bleeping maggot....bleep"
Gladiator: "My name is gladiator"
Cool Hand Luke: "What we got here is failure to communicate"
Apollo 13: "Houston we have a problem"

I noticed alot of people mentioning "Deer Hunter". Anybody else from the east coast get annoyed that most of the hunting scenes from the Deer Hunter were shot @ North Cascades National Park? There are no mountains like that in Pennsylvania....almost (stress almost) ruined the movie for me.....
Yes that bugged me. The verbage during hunting boot scene bugged me as well. We all know it should have been......

Hey I fergot my hunting boots, ki borrow yinzess?

no git yinzes own hunting boots n'at. Nowayju gowen to stink up mine.

screw it, 'sgo git some beer n kilbassa.

Ian Broadie

Flyfishing is so "Metal"
In no particular order:

Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
Sin City
Caddy Shack
Stripes
The Big Lebowski
The Road Warrior
The Terminator
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
Any of the novels by Raymond Chandler were gold. The Long Goodbye, Farewell, My Lovely, and The Lady in the Lake also come to mind. Chandler's mentor Dashiell Hammett also wrote some outstanding pulps, several of which were made into movies: The Thin Man; Maltese Falcon.

Don't forget Bogey and Bacall in Key Largo. Her line, "You know how to whistle don't you Frank? You just put your lips together and blow" is an all-time film noir classic.
Now I'll have to get Key Largo on my Netflix queue.

I forgot the other interesting thing about "Empire of Sun" that recommends it. There is a great performance of a child actor as the main character, a British kid trying to survive in a Japanese prisoner camp in mainland China. That child actor: Christian Bale. He never sounds British anymore.

David Prutsman

All men are equal before fish
Boondock Saints
Full Metal Jacket
Boys in the Hood
Star Wars
Band of Brothers
Aliens
Fight Club
The Natural
Dune
Brian Song (Caan Version)
Tombstone
Trout Bum Diaries Vol #1
Thank god someone finally mentioned the greatest sports movie ever! Good call Seelie Mike!

Pool Hall Junkies is a great movie that never went mainstream, similar to Rounders but for pool instead. Some amazing shots in that flick.

David

Yes that bugged me. The verbage during hunting boot scene bugged me as well. We all know it should have been......

Hey I fergot my hunting boots, ki borrow yinzess?

no git yinzes own hunting boots n'at. Nowayju gowen to stink up mine.

screw it, 'sgo git some beer n kilbassa.
Doesn't sound like a Pennsylvanian accent:confused:

FlyMeARiver

Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!
Braveheart
The Last Samurai
Saving Private Ryan
Platoon
A River Runs Through It
Dances With Wolves
Silverado
Gladiator
Star Wars
3:10 To Yuma

Not in any particular order:beer1:

Ian Broadie

Flyfishing is so "Metal"
How could I forget Army of Darkness.

To go with the quote deal "Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!" or "THIS IS MY BOOM STICK!!"

Great movie, Full of cheese, goofiness, and senseless violence.