(NFR) Westsiders meet and greet....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Tightline, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    One question............

well, ok. Damned, well, I won't be going. Been one of my favorite rivers to fish since I was 3. Love that river. But, can't stand making a trip to it if I can't fish it. So I won't be showing. But, can give the person the whole scoop now. :D

2. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Home Page:
    One question............

Steel - your wisdom and experience would be very helpful to many of the members of the board, myself I've only fished the river two or three times, although I usually catch at least one fish on it. Between you and LittleStone, you guys should be able to field all the briefing questions.

nrv4mike

I spent a lot of time in the Blacksburg area, as a couple of close friends went to Tech. I spent a lot of time exploring those streams in that region, and further north on the backside of Shenandoah NP in the George Washington National Forest. It most certainly is a different world down there, as much so, as you say, as the east and the west side of washington. Very different indeed.

As for a time to meet, Tuesday is a REALLY bad day for me, as I work Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday nigth, 8pm - 6am, and we're down to four people on night shift, so coverage is non existant. If you set the time to meet at 6 pm, I might be able to show early, hang out and shoot some pool and some shit, and head in to work later, maybe around 10 or so. Let me know whatever's easiest for the rest of the crew.

worldanglr
    http://www.worldanglr.com/
    http://www.patagonia-expedition.org/

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

- Henry David Thoreau

3. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

One question............

Sheeesh! Somebody whistles a few bar of Dixie and you Down South Boys start pouring out of the woodwork. You boys don't hang everybody, do you?:dunno
    Bob, the Never Made It Further South Than Nawlins.:rofl :rofl :rofl

4. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

Westsiders meet and greet....

6 is good... I'll be there. Anybody who can't make it, just show when you can, I am good for drinkin for... a while }( .

heres a list:
    Tightline
    Worldanglr
    nrv4mike
    downunderdry
    bart

Backyard and Steelheader69, you guys coming? Everybody who can make it is invited... a pre party, party!:beer2

~B

5. Mike Etgen

Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

One question............

RiverFishing

Bob...

I resemble that remark! :rofl

But let me clarify one thing. I may have lived in the South (although even that point is debatable from the perspective of an Alabaman or Georgian) but you cain't never BE a Southerner unless you's BORN a Southerner.
    Which...sigh...I warn't.
    But let me give you a quick larnin' 'bout the South...

There warn't no "Civil War" as them Yankees claim...them book-larned fellers call it "The War of Northern Aggression." Most o' them good ol'boys what fought in the war was jus' protectin' their homes and farms from the Yank invaders.

(An historical aside...An entire squad of conscripted Irish-American Union soldiers were hanged as deserters after they recognized they were killing poor boys and men who honestly believed they were fighting for their homeland. They did desert because they felt they couldn't bear arms against these brethren.)

Some favorite Southern bumper stickers:

"We don't care HOW you did it up North."

"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"

"Help clean up the South - buy a Yankee a bus ticket home"

Hey, don't get me started on my Southern experience. I even had a close friend for a while (from mid-70's to early 80's) who later was discovered to have been a long-time Klansman. I never knew...

(He never hanged anyone, but I'm sure he'd have liked to. He had to give up his manufacturing engineering job after he was "outed" and started his own storefront business buying, selling, and trading "memorabilia" (as in Nazi, Civil War, etc.)

As for Nawlins...well, the jury's still out on whether to claim that devils' playground for the South! But they will take all the Yankee money you want to spend down there in the meantime.
    :thumb

Mike, Y'all

6. Mike Etgen

Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

RiverFishing

Oops...don't put me down yet. Now that I know where...I gotta start the lobbying to get to go...:rofl

Mike

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:

Don't know. May be able to. We'll see.

8. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Oh yeah I'll be there... You boys better be ready to do some drinking. }(

9. worldanglr

worldanglr Member

Home Page:
  10. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

Seeing there is some Suthun' connections... I'll make a Moonshine run Monday night ;)

11. flasher

flasher New Member

Tues doesnt work for me but Monday would. What is your final plan?

12. soreshoulder

soreshoulder New Member

monday, monday, monday, monday, monday... well i like monday or wednesday

13. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

I could do Monday... football, beer, and fishing stories.... sounds like a good time to me. How bout everyone else? Should we make the final Monday @ 6 till drunk? What do you say Worldanglr, nrv, bart, backyard, and everyone else???:beer1 :beer1 :beer1

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man (NFR)

Being that it's in Seattle I won't be able to make it as I hate driving in that city. Besides I have a little trouble driving at night and for me to drive down to Seattle I would have to be completely nuts.. Beside I like to drink beer but it has a tendency to go right through me So I would have to make at least 10 potty stops on the way home. So you guys have fun and just lift a glass or two to the Old Man.

Jim

15. Guy van Rooyen

Guy van Rooyen Member

I an in for Monday @ 6pm. How will we recognize the group? Should we get them to reserve us a section near a big screen for the WFF boys? Upon arrival we just ask the servers for the groups location? Either that or we could all wear our waders....:beer2