(NFR) What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Brian James, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Retired. Don't do anything hard. But wishing I was rich(gas) so's I could afford to go fishing every day. As it is I stay close to home and fish when ever the mood suits me.

Jim

2. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    I really just fish, and could never see it any other way. I have no intrest in entering the corporate world when i get out of college. I will probably end up as a subsistence farmer in outter mongolia or argentina, whatever keeps its fishery good until i get out of college. Living on a boat sailing the world following the migrations of gaint bluefin tuna with a 20wt is also a possiblity. Surely one of the three. Right now i sell flies and do construction as little as I can manage and still have barley enough buck to make it to and from fishing places. Food is good too. I can tell I'm going to be really really poor when i grow up. The rest of my family is composed of doctors, lawyers, and a software developed. My father is a jazz musician.

Peace,
    Andy

3. WT

WT Active Member

Philosopher.

4. I run an all male dance club with Mike Doughty called the "Mandingo" :eek:

5. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

I'm the bouncer at Michigan Guy's dance club

6. I am a Golf Pro in Japan.........wishing I was back fishing with Mike D somwerez' on the OP. And regreting that I got out of the Air Force. :beathead:
    I golf everyday though.

7. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Home Page:
    I sell homes! You might know my brother in law. Chief Petty Officer Kerry Moran. He is at Bangor on a sub. He likes to fish!

8. troutfanatic

troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

I am a student in college for the next eleven or so months. I will graduate with a degree in finance and economics.

I figure on working from home once a week or working four tens so that I can still fish twice a week. At least I hope I will be able to do that.

Jeez, life is going to suck when I graduate. I have more money but far less time.

9. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Bigfoot is blurry

I work for the state and while the pay isn't very good, I have the option to bid into a variety of schedules. I'm happy with my current schedule working 1:30 to 10pm with Sunday and Monday off.

10. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Network manager for a large regional heavy civil construction company. We have offices in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska with job sites as far south as northern California and as far east as Montana. I get to visit all of these places from time to time and get to fish them when I go. Not a bad gig.

11. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

I was in the Navy for seven years, I did Jet engine mechanics, antisubmarine warfare and SAR. then I worked for Boeing for a few years in Everett, on the 747-400 project.Then I moved to Penna and went back to school and now I am working for US Bank in the E-commerce department making web pages. If I had it to do over again I would be a farmer or a rancher. I know the work is hard and there is no money, but it would be a lot more rewarding. right now I am planning to open a fish camp when I turn 55, I got eleven years to go, but when I open the place all are invited.

12. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Stephen that's too funny...I too was an Aviation Machinists Mate, US Navy...got out after 4 years then went to work for TRAMCO in Everett

Small world!!!!!!

:cool:

13. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    I'm a Dirt-bagger. I get no respect. I suppose I could have chosen some other profession with more class and higher pay, but not only do I call the shots, all those women that used to chase me when I worked a respectable job now leave me alone because I have no money, dress like a homeless bum, drive a beater, don't play guitar, won't humor many of their magazine-inspired idiosyncrazies, etc. etc, and now I get to go fishing whenever I choose to tear myself away from the fascinating but often lonesome world of dirt-bagging. :cool:

Jimbo

14. troutaholic

troutaholic Member

Home Page:
    I'm a web application developer currently working on software that makes it easier for lawyers to sue each other- sigh. At least I'll never be outa work. I also teach web development and xml classes 2-4 nights a week. My aspirations are to eventually be able to fish at least 5 days a week after opening a transvestite dance review/club to compete with Michigan Guys and Mingo's all male strip club. Oh, and then to hire Mingo's avatar to be my bodyguard :D

15. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Self employed manufacturer's representative. Handle electric motor brakes - for cranes and other misc. industrial equipment, large water control gates - for hydro plants, engine couplings for marine propulsion & generators. Get to see some interesting places. The rod is always in the back on road trips.