No turkey, No ham

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by bitterroot, Nov 25, 2010.

1. powderglut

powderglut My Kind Of Wave

I get it at Costco. This particular brand is Fischer & Wieser The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce. It's sick how good it is!!
    I've found other brands at Safeway and not sure if King Soopers/City Market is in your area but if you look in the aisle with the marinades and BBQ sauce you might find a decent version.
    This summer I made a pile of babybacks and dry rubbed and BBQed them. I usually just have some bbq sauce for dipping but used this chipotle sauce instead. They got pounded!! I had to hide a few racks for the people coming later. Everybody said it was the sauce. I know it was the ribs but I'll defer to the sauce.
    Mark Walker's version is most of the same ingredients except for jalapeno peppers, chipotle and chile peppers and natural smoke flavoring. Now that you got me going on this stuff, I think I'll put it on some leftover turkey tonite, instead of cranberry sauce. I'm psyched!
    Let me know if you find it. This shit is good!

2. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Thanks Mark and powderglut. I think that a chipotle version would have been much better than what I made, which was more like raspberry jam. I will try Mark's recipe and also look for it at Costco the next time I'm in there.
    Mark, have you made this recipe before? How come you haven't been including it in your care packages?!!!!!!

3. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

I usually add one or two of those yellow peppers I send you to the raspberry sauce, but you oink them down so fast they don't make it anything.:rofl:

4. themaninthemoon

themaninthemoon Just waiting on warmer weather, .......

Shoot, I just told my son-in-law that when we get home tomorrow, that he needs to take a ride up to Costco. Says he'll stop there one day on his way home from work this week. Sounds deliciously tasty!

5. powderglut

powderglut My Kind Of Wave

Hey guys check out www.jelly.com they have a where to buy map of the US with a list of stores for each state. By the way it's great on turkey too!

6. bitterroot

:rofl: Tell me about it! I've gotten really bad about scarfing down those hot peppers! I ALWAYS have a jar in the fridge now. I don't know if they will kill me or extend my life but they sure are good! :thumb:

7. Mark Walker

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You find the same ones there?

8. bitterroot

Don't think they're the same brand but they look and taste like the same peppers.

9. Mark Walker

Well, I guess that means I just saved some $ not having to ship you this big jar.
    Probably posers.:rofl: