Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Nooksack conditions

926 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris Scoones 
#1 ·
Has anyone fished the Nooksack lately? I was thinking of hitting either the North or South Fork in the morning, but would like to know if the rivers still high and muddy or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
-Steve

#2 ·
Steve Hi, Never fished the Nooksack but plan on it this fall/winter. But, thought I'd list a couple of sites I like to check for river conditions. There might be some links here somewhere.
FYI
Westfly.com has good gauge readings, reports occasionally, and info for several western states.
NOAH has their recorded message that you can listen to if your modem is as slow as mine and you just want quick info.206-526-8530. If your new it might take a while to translate their river hts and flow rates into the actual fishing conditions in your favorite spots. I started making notes in my journal. It really helped in learning the rivers I've been on the most. - Good fishing-
Flyfisher Frank

#3 ·
I pulled the entire list of current time links from the USGS and listed them on the [link:www.washingtonflyfishing.com/flows.htm|'Flows'] page. Specifically for the Nooksack though...

Nooksack River
[link:wa.water.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_stn_pg?station=12205000|North Fork]
[link:wa.water.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_stn_pg?station=12208000|Middle Fork]
[link:wa.water.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_stn_pg?station=12209000|South Fork]
[link:wa.water.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_stn_pg?station=12210500|at Deming]
[link:wa.water.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_stn_pg?station=12213100|at Ferndale]

~Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.