North Sound surprise

boxcar

Scott Willison
Nice job Brent! I bet I know where you were. :)

Still have not been seeing tons of fry along the North Sound beaches, but there've been a few here and there, predominantly pink fry. I found a couple of nice fish off the beach this week as well.

Cheers,
Scott

Is this the Scott who I think it is! Thanks man. I didn't notice any fry in the water either. Fished for about thirty minutes and was going to reel it in when I noticed some action a little further out. Waded out, and after a few casts...Bam...fish on. I'll be out again on Saturday hitting the receding tide in the am.

The WDFW article is out of date and a little ambiguous. Most of the gear fishermen and fly fishermen that I know still call them Dolly Varden, but the anadromous char in puget sound are indeed bull trout. The current science is just taking a while to get disseminated.

Read the replies that are linked to the article I posted. Curt talks about the genetic studies and the fact that Dollies only inhabit a few headwater streams in western Washington.

Preston

As I have said more than once before: please read Curt's excellent essay in the articles section of this website. Yes, WDFW is behind the curve where definitions are concerned. All of Puget Sound's and the coastal rivers' anadromous char are Salvelinus confluentus (bull trout) and not S. malma (Dolly Varden).

pbunbury

Tights Lines
I'm curious what high horse the bull trout crowd is riding on....As soon as someone tells me they're an expert, I get skeptical. The one thing I've learned in life is there are no experts. I would like to see the science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bagman

I'm curious what high horse the bull trout crowd is riding on....As soon as someone tells me they're an expert, I stop listening. The one thing I've learned in life is there are no experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yes there are. An expert is the guy that carries an attaché and are at least 50 miles away from their home. No that's a consultant sorry.