NFR Not the Seahawks Thread You Seek

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by napawino, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napawino

napawino Banned or Parked

Snohomish County, sometimes Missoula County
  2. Gyrfalcon2015

Gyrfalcon2015 Wild Trout forever

He is just getting the other side cleaned up, standard stuff.

No 30 year-old football player gets better after they hit 30, unless they are a stand-in pocket, 30+ year old QB that made it to 30+ because he was good enough to keep playing.

Sherman never was a speedster so he made it on smarts..and a lot of grabbing. I'd never dismiss him, though, he deserves to play until he can't, as a Seahawk.

My biggest concern is that he, at times, became a negative on the sidelines.

I agree, will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. napawino

People are crying foul because it appears that the Raidas are hiring Gruden, with going through the paces of the Rooney rule. It's lame. There are coaches of color in the NFL. Owners and GM's don't give a shit what race a coach is, they just want the best for their teams. But regardless of color, I'm not a Kris Richard fan. I'd be happy to see him go. Bevell too. I still think Cable has merit. He does make something, while not great, out of nothing. I'd like to see him get more to work with.

4. napawino

Top QB rankings 2017 from NFL1000

3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

1. Accuracy:21/25
      Arm:
      22/25
      Under Pressure:
      18/20
      Decision-Making:
      17/20
      Position Value:
      10/10
      Overall Grade:
      88/100

The highly anticipated paradigm shift in offensive football is here, spearheaded by Russell Wilson, who was Seattle's entire offense in 2017. While his style of play might seem unorthodox, there is a method to the madness. Wilson is a magician outside of the pocket, and his ability to make plays in scramble-rules situations is a nightmare for defenses. There are times when Wilson puts himself into dangerous situations, and his style of play tasks him with making perfect throws from difficult positions on the field, but ask yourself this: Where would the Seahawks be without him?

5. Gyrfalcon2015

Also, first in monotonous, positive cliches, "God Bless" him...

He and Pete Carroll could sell life insurance to the dead...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  6. napawino

And just a random Seahawks thought.....the 2013 Seahawks would have beaten the 1985 Bears. There. I said it.

nb_ken likes this.
  7. nb_ken

nb_ken Active Member

The college game has been that way for a while. Teams that don't have the recruiting chops of the elite schools have to make due with lower-starred QBs who can move around on a field opened up by spread offenses. Doesn't always translate to the pros.

Might end up the way offensive lineman have gone. Very few come out of college having ever played with their hand on the ground. Makes it hard to evaluate talent. But winning in college any way possible is way more important now than providing a pipeline to the NFL.

8. napawino

If I was in charge of the NCAA, I would make it against the rules to leave school early to turn Pro. 4 years of college ball would go a long way to improving the draft pool.

9. Gyrfalcon2015

Too many college lineman blow their knees out..and other guys, lose a lifetime's fortune on one play. Injuries in football, huge risk.

Basketball? Make them play atleast 2-3 years, I am fine with that. But who cares about the NBA anyway?

JACKspASS likes this.
  10. napawino

Yeah, but they could blow them out in high school just as easily. I'd like to see college programs that can sustain a high level of play for longer periods by not having so many players jump early. Kinda like the OLD DAYS.

11. Gyrfalcon2015

If you had $100,00's to $1,000,000's waiting for you to turn pro, would you really wait and risk it on a college field? Be real now.

High School is high school. College is scholarship, but beyond free education and room and board- if good enough, there is nothing in the bank.

99% of the people would take the money. For the fans, FOR SURE, wish they would stay all 4-5 years, but I totally see the $ stability.
    QB's that turn pro, get a couple of years of on the job training from a pro team-more reason to jump.

I think it sucks when bands get rich and quit putting albums out. I say keep them poor until they put out 10 good albums, then pay them a huge retirement !

napawino likes this.
  12. Shad

Shad Active Member

Move on from Ryan? I thought he had always been really good. Has he gotten too expensive?

napawino likes this.
  13. napawino

I'm looking at it totally from a fans viewpoint. Too many players wash out because they just aren't ready.

14. napawino

I think it's a cap space issue, and there are younger guys who can punt. But I love Ryan. Great Seahawk.

15. Gyrfalcon2015

With Ryan and others, I like what I see with players getting paid on an incentive-laden contract. I do not know exactly how this works with cap space, but I like it !
    Give him a medium contract, if he kicks ass...literally, pay the man. If he sucks, he gets his base /mediocre contract.

Blair Walsh needed a kick by kick incentive or he gets booted from the country....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.