Nunnally this weekend

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, Nov 10, 2017.

1. dp

dp ~El Pescador

looks like my buddy and I will be fishing Nunnally on Saturday - a change from Lenice. Anybody going to be in the area? any recent intel?
    We are staying in Desert Aire for the night and then either coming back to Nunnally (because it kicked ass) or heading to Rocky Ford for Sunday.
    Let me know if anyone is around. looking forward to a couple of days of fishing.

thanks-dp

2. Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor Lue Taylor/dbfly

Where is the report DP

3. dp

dp ~El Pescador

thanks Lue, here is my weekend report:
    Nunnally: after much scouting, we bagged Nunnally and opted for Lenice. Nunnally has no easy access to the shoreline and we were planning to push boats in. Headed to Lenice and there were 3 cars there. Was greeted with calm waters and fish surfacing regularly. Morning fishing was slow for me as I was trying various setups hoping to clue in on the risers - that did not work for me. I tried: intermediate line with buggers, hares ear, damsel and nyerge nymph. I got hits on all of them, but landed maybe 2 fish. on my dry I tried: black chiro (1 foot under float) and a water boatman. no love on either. in the late afternoon i went to the tried and true Rickerts olive bugger and was hooking (not landing) fish on almost every cast. I ended up with 15 fish for the day.
    My buddy fished a crazy looking beaded light green bodied fly with a minute tail and some frizzle on the top. it looked weird but he never changed flies all day and caught 30 fish.
    Fish ranged from 10-16 inches. nothing to write home about.
    Bonus: met and fished with fellow WFF Troutpocket (Rob). he did very well.
    Spent the night at Desert Aire and closed down the Tumbleweed bar (nothing to write home about either).
    Went to Rocky on Sunday. saw 2 people when we arrived and maybe fished with 8 people all day- which is a light crowd for the Rock. But the Ford was stingey to all of us. there were fish in the system, but tried and true scuds or pheasant tails were getting very little attention. my first fish jumped about 3 times and then buried me in the weeds. he looked like a solid 5 lber. Then I missed two others. all on the scud. by buddy was batting a clean .000 by this time.
    we ended up at the large bay by the lower bridge and tossed buggers as far as we could. that resulted in 3 hook ups for me with one landed. my buddy had an indicator drive by.
    Bonus: met up with fellow WFF Gary Thompson. of course he caught fish and proceeded to tell me about each one in detail. I got one of his pups last year so I got him up to speed on how Porter is doing.

good weather - great company - easy drive home - WIN weekend.

4. Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor Lue Taylor/dbfly

Great report thanks

Tim Cottage likes this.
  5. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Troutpocket really knows how to dial in a lake. I have learned a tremendous amount from him over the years. He gave me a report and I will admit I was a tad jealous.

Thanks for the report.

6. jwg

jwg Active Member

This text, especially "crazy looking beaded..." begs or a picture or more detailed description.
    any more details?

j