NY Times Reviews of Underwater still and video cameras

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by cabezon, Apr 21, 2010.

1. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

2. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    interesting read! Thanks.
    I always can not resist to buy those P&S cameras...I am so surprised how well they built those things nowadays... maybe it is time to retire my Optio 30. : )

3. Mike McAvoy

Mike McAvoy olddog22202

As usual, I am now really confused about what pocket ready, bullet proof, water proof point and shoot to buy.

Anybody have any thoughts on Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX100 vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 ?

Thanks
    Mike Mc

4. Mike McAvoy

Mike McAvoy olddog22202

Ha!
    After further reading it appears the Panasonic DMC TS2 is the updated version of the TS1. My decision is made and a TS2 will be in my pocket soon.
    MikeMc

5. Craig Schulz

Craig Schulz Midwest transplant, but taking root nicely....

I picked up a Panasonic DMC TS2 about a month ago, photos are great, video is awesome, with about 6 settings, you can shoot video you can show on a 50" flat screen and would swear it was from a much higher priced camera!

Very pleased with the purchase just get a 8GB or higher card for it if you want to shoot a lot of video, it goes fast. 4 GB card will get you about 6 minutes on HD less than 4 minutes on the highest setting.

6. flyfish4

flyfish4 Member

I agree with Craig. I also brought the Panasonic DMC TS2 a few weeks ago and have taken video and stills above and under water. It has tons of modes - in fact, probably won't use most of them. So far, it's waterproof as advertised. It is also compatible with the newer SDXC cards which are super high capacity (and very expensive) cards.